(Some Google Sites) YouTube Conflicts With FireFox With K Security Cloud

cipher

Version's & Information:

Windows 10 - Microsoft Version/Build:             19041 (Latest)
Kaspersky Total Security Application Version:  21.1.15.500 © 
FireFox Browser Release Version:                       83.0

Full Info / Rambling:

I am not getting no “error” with my YouTube Logging me out, It simply logs me out when I try to Add stuff to my Playlist on YouTube, View my Library, View my History, or edit playlists I have on YouTube is the main way it triggers.

It doesn't seem to log me out when I go to my subscriptions or explore YouTube video to video.
But logging back in does not log me in when I do it, it only temporarily logs me in and then trying to refresh that page or etc just causes the same bug and then it will 

It doesn't seem to have this issue on most Google websites just YouTube currently.

Many Others Having Issues:

○ 3 Months Ago:

Link

○ 2 Months Ago:

Link

○ 10 days Ago:

Link

Reddit Firefox Users post:
After a Recent FireFox Update & Kaspersky Update I believe as well,
Many other firefox users using Kaspersky have had similar issues:

https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/jzb7n5/after_the_recent_firefox_update_using_youtube

To Long Didn't Read of the above (TLDR):

Issues:
‣ Logs out of google related websites, Primarily YouTube 
‣ Can’t Comment On Channels
‣ Can’t Subscribe to Channels
‣  Cant Use any of the side bar options besides view Subscriptions or home (home and subs doesn't seem to log us out)

Other Moderators or Staff Involved Thus Far: 
Who Have been Involved with a issue that pertains to this one:

@Igor Kurzin 
@Flood and Flood's wife 
@petsy 

Users affected not resolved:
@tyler 
@Taff224 

Logged in youtube, can't post comments, subscribe and no notifications: (resolved)
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1297918 

Quote: @noisywan 

It’s safer to use another browser like advised above.

If you MUST use Firefox + Youtube + KIS, then you have the option to disable `Script Injection` function described in the link below. 

(Caution: This will disable protection for all browsers installed on your system. Do it on your own risk. Remember to turn it back on)

https://support.google.com/youtube/thread/72861760?hl=en

I cleared my cache, cookies, wiped everything reinstalled Firefox and lost tons of progress just to find out that It might be the Version I am on in Kaspersky OR its something to do with Script 

With google having Outages and YouTube as well having been offline for the first time ever, having to go back to google chrome or worse Microsoft edge does not help our fears any.

For those who come after and read this;
@Kaspersky Community AutoReply 
@KasperskyTeam <3
@KasperskyDevs <3

1. Why was this update I heard about not pushed to the main Kaspersky Program on Desktops by Now? I tried to auto update it and it says its on the latest version, So I will have to do this manually.

2.   Why did you guys not email all your customers about this who use Firefox or just blanket cover and email all users a heads up that the update broke youtube for people and the next update needed to be grabbed from the website?

3.   What was Noisywan referring to? Is Firefox really not that safe for privacy? I heard it was better than Google Chrome and or Edge Explorer? What do you guys recommend and what are your thoughts on the whole Script Injection what is that even about?

4. What Browser does Kaspersky Recommend For Privacy and Anonymity Online? or do they weigh in on topics like this?

1. Why was this update I heard about not pushed to the main Kaspersky Program on Desktops by now?
  2. I tried to auto update it and it says its on the latest version, So I will have to do this manually.
  3.  What was Noisywan referring to?
  4. Is Firefox really not that safe for privacy? I heard it was better than Google Chrome and or Edge Explorer?  What Browser does Kaspersky Recommend For Privacy and Anonymity Online? or do they weigh in on topics like this?
  5. What do you guys recommend and what are your thoughts on the whole Script Injection? what is Script Injection even about?
  6. Why did you guys not email all your customers about this who use Firefox or just blanket cover and email all users a heads up that the update broke youtube for people and the next update needed to be grabbed from the website?

Hello @cipher,

Welcome again!

1. Kaspersky “communicates” new version & patch information via Release notes & Kaspersky Online Help documentation. All 21.1 & 21.2 version updates are supposed to happen automatically; if that did not/does not occur, you need to log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support → follow the template example, at the bottom of our reply. 
  2. Correct, version 21.2.16.590 Note: after updating the version, make sure the machine is shutdown, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, make sure KTS is started, run a manual Database update → this is to apply the patch. Note1: it may be necessary to repeat the shutdown steps several times for the patch to update. 
  3. That question should be directed to @noisywan, however, specific to the issue, to test the issue & also as a workaround ONLY, for people who did not want to use anything other than Firefox, Kaspersky suggested unchecking Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages, however, they also advised this would make some functions unavailable; that’s why they recommended using another supported browser, until the issue was fixed. And, unchecking script injection did not work in all cases
  4. Supported browsers - personally (we) use all 3 browsers, each has functions/features that we require;  we don’t think anyone from Kaspersky Technical expert team would “recommend” one browser over another browser out of the supported browser list. We may be wrong on this, if so, they will contribute to the topic with their advice. 
  5. Kaspersky Total Security injects a web page interaction script into web traffic. This script ensures the operation of such components as Safe Money, Private Browsing, Anti-Banner, and URL Advisor; also, see additional information, from MedvedevUnited, 2015, provided by @harlan4096 →  image 2, at the end of our reply
  6. Kaspersky communicates directly with Kaspersky customers who log faults with their technical team; in the case of a bug affecting multiple people, often a topic will be raised in the Community; the communications then take place via the Community as well. (ioo) a mass mailout to 400+ million Kaspersky subscribers, many of whom were not affected by this specific bug, would be ill advised. We’ve never known Kaspersky to undertake that type of communication. 
  7. Re: Users affected not resolved:

@Taff224, it’s not clear if the issue is resolved or not as there’s no update from Chris. 

@tyler → unknown, he never responded to @Igor Kurzin

8. Your topic heading refers to Kaspersky Security Cloud (KSC), yet your software is KTS & the topic is in KTS category🤔

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳&🐋

As this pinged up on my email I thought I’d reply.

I’m basically using Chrome now for youtube - although I have been havign some wierd bugs with that but am blaming youtube currently.

Waiting for the tech support lot to send out another update I assume.

As this pinged up on my email I thought I’d reply. I’m basically using Chrome now for youtube - although I have been havign some wierd bugs with that but am blaming youtube currently. Waiting for the tech support lot to send out another update I assume.

Hello @Taff224

Thanks for updating us👌

Have you had any response at all from Technical Support, if “yes” , it’d be great if you’d take the time to update your topic please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳&🐋

• 2 weeks later...