Shall I replace KTS with Kaspersky Plus now?

mikolajek

I understand the legacy Kaspersky product line are being discontinued and I can see that in the last months only marginal updated to my KTS appeared. I'm a bit confused with the new product line, and I'm actually quite disappointed Kaspersky didn't take the effort to explain it better and directly to its long-time users.

I still have over a year of KTS subscription - should I just keep using it, or should I move to Kaspersky Plus? Is this actually possible to use Plus with my KTS code?

Yeah, I've read it and feel free to call me a moron, but I'm not getting the concept... Hence my question here.

Also - when I attempt to download Kaspersky Plus from My Kaspersky, what's being downloaded is Kaspersky Standard, so I'm even more confused.

Edited by mikolajek

Thank you! What I've done is downloading KPlus installer from the Downloads sections (as said, the version offered in My Kaspersky account is wrong) and installed it over the existing KTS.

It did get activated itself as KPlus with my KTS license (the same expiration date is set).

What doesn't help is that when I check my renewal option, the site still tells me to go for KTS, and not for any new plan, even though at the same time it says "check you eligibility for the new plans" or something similar.

And the renewal offered is for a different country... This is just a complete mess...

I'm a citizen of the world 🙂

But seriously - I'm using KTS United States license, as when I purchased it, I was on a secondment in US. Now I'm back to Poland (my home country), and I spend most of my time here (not all, though), and I'm getting and offer related to Poland. This is OK, probably based on my current IP. 

But I'd like to extend my US license, and not to purchase the PL license, as my employee covers 75% of my software costs and it's the US company. I can obviously fake my IP to achieve that, but I don't feel it's OK to do so. 

I'm also conscious of the issues with the activation, Kaspersky already got crazy once I reinstalled my system being in Europe (it was Spain, if I recall correctly), and refused to activate itself. I'm a troubling customer clearly 🙂

Edited by mikolajek

Aha, no mess there, that's the problem... Kaspersky's licenses are tied to country regions, and You have to buy always a Kaspersky license from the country region You are, once activate the product there, you may use it around the world.

As you were in US, You bought a US license that is correct, but now that You are in Poland, My Kaspersky service offers You the K. region license renewal according where You are living now.

Your best bet if to contact to the K. Support and explain Your situation.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We would suggest buying Kaspersky Plus in the US or from usa.kaspersky.com. Contact Kaspersky Customer Service to cancel auto-renewal if there is one for KTS. Also, Request to remove the restriction of the Kaspersky Plus license, verification might be required over the phone. If the KTS purchased in retail, provide proof of purchase in the email. Hope this helps.

Edited by EzioLockhart