Serious question about the use of an clearly outdated Version of Kasperksy Endpoint

Hi folks

just like the title describes, I’m really concerned about the use of an clearly outdated Endpoint version.

Synopsis:

I work as an employee in a company whose IT infrastructure is taken over by an external company:

Workstation Setup as well as the group policies for example.

Unfortunately, since I've been employed, I keep noticing how Kaspersky seems to be driving the process load up to 100% (the machine used is an HP ProDesk 400 G4 with an i5-8500T with 8GB RAM on a Win10 Pro version).

When checking the latest version of Kaspersky Endpoint Security (which, to be honest, I had not checked directly for a long time, because I assumed that the external company's statement that everything was "up to date" would also be correct)

however, after a quick search in the Knowledge Database, I found that the version in use is:

but the latest is 

Can someone please explain to me, in as much detail as possible, why exactly the external company here seems to be running a 1+ year old version on 30+ devices?

Of course, I have already asked my supervisor about this, but he claims that this is, because the version is the most stable available- illogical in my opinion since there are so many security updates/hotfixes shipped out.

Isn’t there a serious huge security hole with such an outdated version?

What do the professionals here think about this?

If the question arises why I do not go directly to the responsible person:

We have a basically flat hierarchy here, but oddly enough we have to go directly through a specific person in group management to make all requests about the IT infrastructure.

However, since I don't really understand 100% why and how a deviation in the versions used can have an impact in each case, I first want to be on the safe side - i.e. with background knowledge that hasn't just been made up - to be able to approach the person about it accordingly.

Thank you in advance for any serious reply.

I am the administrator of Kaspersky where I work, regarding using old versions is relative, as this product is within the lifecycle of updates and full support, you can see that here https://support.kaspersky.com/corporate/lifecycle #b2b.block0.kes11
For example, if they find a bug in it, a fix will be released to fix it.

Regarding using the latest version, I always think it's valid to use the latest version, as new features and technologies were improved and added, I found that the performance was also improved.
In version 11.8.0.384, the Endpoint Agent was incorporated, new features for installations on Windows Servers, native EDR function and Kaspersky Sandbox.

Most of these features depend on which license you have of course.

The company that provides services to you may not want to update Endpoint because they believe it is too much work, as they need to see what version your Kaspersky Security Center is on. They would have to update both, as I said, your doubt has been felt and I say that the latest version approved in your environment will always be the best option.

I am the administrator of Kaspersky where I work, regarding using old versions is relative, as this product is within the lifecycle of updates and full support, you can see that here https://support.kaspersky.com/corporate/lifecycle #b2b.block0.kes11
For example, if they find a bug in it, a fix will be released to fix it.

Regarding using the latest version, I always think it's valid to use the latest version, as new features and technologies were improved and added, I found that the performance was also improved.
In version 11.8.0.384, the Endpoint Agent was incorporated, new features for installations on Windows Servers, native EDR function and Kaspersky Sandbox.

Most of these features depend on which license you have of course.

The company that provides services to you may not want to update Endpoint because they believe it is too much work, as they need to see what version your Kaspersky Security Center is on. They would have to update both, as I said, your doubt has been felt and I say that the latest version approved in your environment will always be the best option.

So basically you’re telling me, that I shouldn’t care about the use of the indicated version because of their used licensing.

Yeah I think so too - but as well because our external company thinks it suits their laziness.

We pay them for a smooth running of the necessary processes.

And it just doens’t works like that.

Minimum-Maximum Concept in perfection.

Got’cha.