Security Certificate

BlackHawk

Hello! All of my computers have KAV on them except for one. The other computers AV recently gave me this report...

"firefox.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an unmatching security certificate to kaspersky.com.data.adobedc.net. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since the used certificate was issued for a different web address than the targeted one."

Can someone explain this and a fix? Thank you!

16 minutes ago, BlackHawk said:

Hello! All of my computers have KAV on them except for one. The other computers AV recently gave me this report...

"firefox.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an unmatching security certificate to kaspersky.com.data.adobedc.net. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since the used certificate was issued for a different web address than the targeted one."

Can someone explain this and a fix? Thank you!

Hello @BlackHawk

Welcome back!

1. Is (your) physical location USA? 

IF 'yes', Kaspersky is close to completing the transition to ULTRA  - read Guide on Kaspersky software availability in the United States & post from @Danila T.Who gave you permission to put UltraAV on my computer?

If (you're) not in the States, please post back?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

1 hour ago, BlackHawk said:
  • Can you help with my original question?
  • I'm not part of the ULTRA situation, but I did see talk of it.

3. I'm not getting that message on the computers with KAV, just the one without KAV. 

Hello @BlackHawk

Thank you for posting the clarifying information!

1. That's our objective. 
  2. Mozilla 3rd-pty-root certificates are coming *out* of US, Kaspersky may still be involved - we have no idea - Kaspersky would need to confirm. 
  3. Even tho the discussion is for the computer without Kaspersky software - for accuracy in this topic -> (you're) still using Kaspersky version 21.3  & is that Kaspersky Anti-Virus (you're referring to KAV in the topic) but you've raised the topic in Kaspersky Total Security (KTS)? 
  4. Has computer with { kaspersky.com.data.adobedc.net  } error in the Firefox browser - *ever* had Kaspersky software installed? 
  5. Post a *full-screen-screen-print* of the CERTIFICATE DETAILS / Name -> does it match or is similar to: *.sc.omtrdc.net
  6. IF there's *no* Kaspersky software - is there *any* 3rd third-party security software - installed on the computer? 
  7. IF 'yes'  & IF (you) *trust* the sites, add both names as exclusions. 
  8. IF there's *no* Kaspersky software, on this computer, theoretically, there's *no* technical support for the issue - however - (you do have a Kaspersky subscription, just not Kaspersky software installed on this device) -> IF you wish, log it with Kaspersky Customer Servicehttps://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  -> noting, there's no template for any application that's *not* Kaspersky -> fill in the template as shown below & provide a *detailed history*, Support may request logs, traces & other data; they'll guide you:                                                image.thumb.png.ff665eeac27c1f5be9e7bf6f472edf4d.png

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added link
  • Thanks 1

To clarify I have Kaspersky Total Security on various computers. The one in question also had it, but I wanted to experiment with another AV temporarily so I did uninstall Total Security from that computer. I will most likely go back to Total Security on that particular computer, but for the time being I just wanted to try another one out. I went into the Firefox certificate manager, but I don't see it there. I might have overlooked it. Would there be another location for this? Thank you!

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, BlackHawk said:
  • To clarify I have Kaspersky Total Security on various computers.
  • The one in question also had it, but I wanted to experiment with another AV temporarily so I did uninstall Total Security from that computer.
  • I will most likely go back to Total Security on that particular computer, but for the time being I just wanted to try another one out.
  • I went into the Firefox certificate manager, but I don't see it there. I might have overlooked it. Would there be another location for this? 

Hello @BlackHawk

You're welcome!

Thank you for posting back the information.

1. May we have the screen-print please - when the *error* shows in the browser, select error DETAILS OR go to (1) ICON, select (2), select (3) - view certificate - select Details. image.thumb.png.e1ed28248df50cecb8e82b1a91ea62aa.png
  2. When KTS *is* installed, does {firefox.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an unmatching security certificate to kaspersky.com.data.adobedc.net. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since the used certificate was issued for a different web address than the targeted one } error show?
  3. We see from (your) past topics upgrading to Kaspersky Plus has been discussed - have (you) considered doing that? 
  4. No.
  5. Use this template:         image.thumb.png.29539a6989c01b5461c4edb63ce6767b.png

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

(1) ICON, select (2), select (3) - view certificate - select Details. 
  • Thanks 1

On the computers with KTS installed I don't get a certificate message warning, it's just the one single computer without KTS that I'm experimenting with that gives me that. I don't get any warning message in the browser itself, the warning is in the new AV program I'm experimenting with. The warning is in the notification log. That AV is Bitdefender. I guess I could try KAV Plus, but I believe when I looked into it it lacked some things that KTS has.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, BlackHawk said:
  1. On the computers with KTS installed I don't get a certificate message warning, it's just the one single computer without KTS that I'm experimenting with that gives me that.
  2. I don't get any warning message in the browser itself, the warning is in the new AV program I'm experimenting with. The warning is in the notification log. That AV is Bitdefender.
  3. I guess I could try KAV Plus, but I believe when I looked into it it lacked some things that KTS has.

Hello @BlackHawk

Thank you for posting back & the information. 

1. We're not interested about any computer were there is no error. 
  2. POST a FULL-SCREEN SCREENPRINT - we need to see what you see please? IF KTS was previously installed, it's possible there's residual certificate?
  3. Also, as the issue is not from Kaspersky software, unfortunately, this Guideline may apply: The Forum of Kaspersky product users was created for the purpose of resolving issues encountered while using Kaspersky products. Please contact Bitdefender.
  4. Really - what are they?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

GL.