Screen Time Controls

rlongfield

We’ve been using the free version of Safe Kids for a few months now and I am looking to get great control over screen time for my kids. I know this is going to require a subscription and I’m hoping Safe Kids will fit my requirements.
Safe kids is currently being used on Android and Windows 7 devices.

What I’m looking to do:
Lock Device. Is there a option or button that I can press in KSK that will immediately lock a device?
Bonus Screen time. Is there a way to override the daily schedule so that I don’t have to worry about resetting that day to the correct time limit? 

Hello @rlongfield,

Welcome!

• There’s no Kaspersky Safe Kids (KSK) lock button, however, it’s possible to block devices by applying a Device block mode - hours allowed = 0, which has immediate effect. 
  • For “bonus time”, on Windows devices, the child can send a “Request more time”, the parent then has the opportunity to grant the request, delay the request or refuse the request. 
  • On Androids, unfortunately, it’s not possible for a child to request more time, and for the parent to evaluate the request & apply or not; if the Block mode is use, the device blocks, and remains so until a parent unblocks; if Warn is used, when a I WANT MORE prompt appears, the child simply selects the prompt at which point, immediate full access is provided, no parental involvement. 
  • It’s not necessary to have premium KSK to use the above options.
  • We recommend using KSK Free & fully testing before investing. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Resources

How to limit windows device use time

How to limit android device use time

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  1. I see this was posted 1 year ago.
  2. Are there any plans to add 'Request more time' by child on Android device?
  3. Without that it seems a poor option of either warning mode or block mode and updating limit.

Hello @Redsand451

Welcome!

• The issue has been outstanding for far longer than one year, and disappointingly, remains outstanding. 
  • To parents, it makes no sense whatsoever. 
  • Why would Kaspersky think it’s OK, for kids with Android devices, to have the option to have full access to the phone, without parental oversight, yet, for Windows devices, the same kid/parent have an actual “request more time” interaction. 
  • What’s Kaspersky saying about this, zip, zero, zilch, absolutely nothing, total radio silence. 
  • Our observation & opinion, based on many topics raised in the Community, if this was a issue affecting 2 or 3 “gamers”, it’d be fixed in a heartbeat. 
  • There are some Kaspersky staff who will encourage you to raise a FeedbackI have a suggestion & or, I have a complaint ticket with Kaspersky; (ioo), it’s a waste of your time, many parents have done so, for this issue & similar issues, to no avail, however, it’s your choice → on the support page, select Email & or Chat, fill in Feedback, I have a suggestion & or, I have a complaint. 
  • When it’s available, please share the outcome with the Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Thanks for the reply.  I chatted with support …

This is not available on Mobile devices. It's being worked out by our developers for quite some time now but still have no estimated time when it can be implemented. The main difficulty they encounter is each mobile device has different security layer and keeps updating many times.

This is in Development at the moment. Suggestion number: 3153733”

But no known fix date and the suggestion progress can only be tracked internally. 

For what it is worth, asked for my feedback to be added to the suggestion.