Safe Money (SM) will try to stop its secure connection process for ALL defined SM sites - looks like a certificate problem

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I’ve done my searching and don’t see anything similar. Therefore I opened a support ticket so in the interim I’ll pass this on just in case…

I’m running KIS 2020 - 20.0.14.1085 (l) on W7-SP1 pro with FF 79.0 and the Kaspersky 2020 FF extension.

As of yesterday, Safe Money (SM) will try to stop its secure connection process for ALL defined SM sites - looks like a certificate problem if I push it far enough.

I re-installed the FF extension, rebooted, but no go. I get to the target site(s) (with connection encrypted) OK if I don’t invoke SM.

Has anybody experienced this?

Merci bien - JohnB

Hello @jbaxter,

Welcome!

1. Which setting is configured for Scan secure traffic in Mozilla applications?
  2. Has a KIS Restore settings been done?
  3. Has a Firefox Refresh been done?
  4. Has KIS been uninstalled & reinstalled? 
  5. Does the certificate problem happen with KIS21? 
  6. Has Support stepped you thru certificate trouble shooting & recovery procedures? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi Flood,

Here we go:

1. Scan encrypted connections upon request from protection components
  2. No
  3. No
  4. Reinstall took me up to KIS 2021 (delete, reboot, install, reboot) ; I kept Key and settings.
  5. Yes, same problem
  6. Support hasn’t got back to me yet.

I’ll wait for Support to respond before doing #2 and #3.

Update: I ran a test case successfully on a nearly identical machine - it had a 32bit version of FF79 though, versus the 64bit version on the problem machine.

Thanks for your response - btc

• Solution

Hello @jbaxter,

You’re most welcome☺!

1. Scan secure traffic in Mozilla applications is not Scan encrypted connections upon request from protection components.
  2. KIS settings can be Exported, and Imported after a Restore is done, nothing is lost, ditto for Firefox refresh. 
  3. Start Firefox in Private Window mode, does SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER error repeat?
  4. Regarding the “Test case”, was SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER error replicated?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

SOLVED:

Thanks, Flood, for pointing me in the right direction. “Use the Mozilla Certificate Store” was checked off instead of the MS Store - contrary to KL recommendation. Now things are working as they should.

I also appreciate the suggestions on clean-starting KIS and FF without a hassle; this I will do tomorrow.

Have a good day… btc