Safe money doesn't block screenshots.

Hi,

Using windows 11 here, last build.

Kaspersky Internet Security build 21.3.10.391

When I'm using safe money (full green window), kaspesky doesn't block screenshots. Everything is clear.

I've tried with chrome.

Hardware virtualization is working.

Any solution ?

Thanks.

Capture d’écran 2024-05-03 164422.png

Capture d’écran 2024-05-03 164532.png

Hello,

Welcome. 

1. Do you use full screen of browser? If yes please do not use full screen. It was recomended do not use full screen. 

2. Which browser you use? Are you tried on another browser? 

11 minutes ago, nexon said:

Hello,

Welcome. 

1. Do you use full screen of browser? If yes please do not use full screen. It was recomended do not use full screen. 

2. Which browser you use? Are you tried on another browser? 

Hi,

Tried with both full screen and windowed.

Tried with edge and chrome too.

😞

Hmm should be work (if you press printscr then screenshot should be black)... 

Also you are using older version. If you want you can uninstall and install new version. Kaspersky standard will be compatible with your subscribtion. 

1 hour ago, cesarD said:

windows 11 here, last build.

Kaspersky Internet Security build 21.3.10.391

When I'm using safe money (full green window), kaspesky doesn't block screenshots. Everything is clear.

I've tried with chrome.

Hardware virtualization is working.

Any solution ?

51 minutes ago, nexon said:

Hmm should be work (if you press printscr then screenshot should be black)... 

Also you are using older version. If you want, you can uninstall and install new version. Kaspersky standard will be compatible with your subscription. 

Hello @cesarD & @nexon

We've discussed this issue in a logged case - in the past with HQ: SafeMoney & PrintScreen do work & SafeMoney, On-Screen Keyboard & PrintScreen also do work, i.e. screen-prints are not *black*. 

HQ experts advised: "software-based screen capture activities are blocked. The ability to take a screenshot is only possible by physically pressing the "PrtScr" key when it is needed by the user at the computer."

@cesarD, we agree with @nexon, IF Kaspersky Standand is available in (your) region, it's advisable to upgrade. The software is available to download from this link: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product

Kaspersky has replaced KIS & with Kaspersky Standard, there's no information available atm as to when KIS will be withdrawn; information about the *new* software range can be read here: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ, by Danila T.

Any questions or issues, please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, cesarD said:

@Flood and Flood's wife @nexon @Berny

I've installed Kaspesky Standard.

Issue is exactly the same.

Screen is green but I can take screenshot just fine. 😞

Hello @cesarD

Thank you for posting back & the information! 

IF (you) are taking screenprints with the Safe Money browser open & pressing the Print-Screen Key on the Keyboard - according to the experts from HQ this is working exactly as per design = it's working properly in all elements, however, IF (you're) using a *print-screen* function from a third-party application & the Safe Money browser & the images shows an image(s), i.e., the screen is not black - according to the HQ experts - this is *not* working as designed. 

This information is also documented for v21.3, v21.6, v21.7 etc, etc.... 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
grammar

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @cesarD

Thank you for posting back & the information! 

IF (you) are taking screenprints with the Safe Money browser open & pressing the Print-Screen Key on the Keyboard - according to the experts from HQ this is working exactly as per design = it's working properly in all elements, however, IF (you're) using a *print-screen* function from a third-party application & the Safe Money browser & the images shows an image(s), i.e., the screen is not black - according to the experts from HQ - this is *not* working as designed. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

I just wrote a simple app to simulate a "hijacking" application and take screenshot.
The screenshot is now black so I guess it works !

Weird because back in the days (in 2019 / 2020), even the Print-Screen Key screenshots were blacks.

Do you have a link where they say it's normal ?

Thanks again !

Edited by cesarD
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, cesarD said:

I just wrote a simple app to simulate a "hijacking" application and take screenshot.
The screenshot is now black, so I guess it works!

Weird because back in the days, even the Print-Screen Key screenshot were blacks.

Do you have a link where they say it's normal? 
Thanks again!

Hello @cesarD

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the extra question! And - it's wonderful to read - The screenshot is now black, so I guess it works! - that's a very good outcome - well done!!

We first raised the issue with HQ experts in 2022, their final resolution came thru Feb 29th 2024, as follows: 

"You may find the SM documentation below in the section "About protection against screenshots" mentioning that screen capture with spyware is not possible:

About protection of financial transactions and online purchases.

In this case, only software based screen capture activities are blocked. The ability to take a screenshot is only possible by physically pressing the "PrtScr" key when it is needed by the user at the computer.

It is also mentioned elsewhere in the "On-Screen Keyboard" section that screen capture using the "PrtScr" key cannot be prevented:

About On-Screen Keyboard."

We checked, the same information is also documented for v21.3 & the function worked as per design (for us), for that version too. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
grammar