Safe Kids installed but not recognised on my child's PC

maminr

I have KK premium subscription with safe kids installed, on two of children’s PCs (windows 10). One child’s PC is ok, SK working fine and under “Kids” it shows two profiles of my two children with their names and date of birth. but when I click on my other child’s profile on her PC it asks me to add a device, and then to download safe kids, when I do that it says the Safe kids is already installed. Now I dont know how to open my other child’s profile and change settings. I can do all that with the other child’s account, on any PC with my kasper key account.  Please help. 

When I click on my other child’s profile on her PC it asks me to add a device, and then to download safe kids, when I do that it says the Safe kids is already installed.

Now I don't know how to open my other child’s profile and change settings.

I can do all that with the other child’s account, on any PC with my kasper key account.  Please help. 

Hello @maminr

Welcome!

Read before you create a new topic!

On the PC that’s not working properly ONLY, do the following:

1. Log OFF all Windows child accounts
  2. Log in to the computer with Windows Parent (Admin) account → not KSK parent account.
  3. Go to Windows, Family & other users.
  4. Make sure there’s a LOCAL account for each daughter
  5. Create a System Restore Point
  6. Shutdown all applications & browsers, nothing must be running. 
  7. Go to Windows Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features
  8. Uninstall KSK
  9. At the end of the uninstall, make sure to REBOOT the computer
  10. Log in to the computer with Windows Parent (Admin) account → not KSK parent account.
  11. Download KSK
  12. Install KSK.
  13. Follow & make sure you complete all steps in Initial setup of Kaspersky Safe Kids?
  14. Recheck original issue? 

Let us know the outcome please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Thank you so much for your reply and instructions. Before I proceed with these instructions. Can you clarify the following:

1. Will I be able to re-use my kasperkey activation code after uninstalling it on that PC?
  2. Is it a must to have kid’s own MS account for safe kids to work? Is there no option of simply protecting a particular PC, regardless of who use it,  rather than linking it to a particular account? In the past it was so easy to have Windows parental control for the PC itself. Its so complicated now. 

Best regards,

maminr

•  In the past it was so easy to have Windows parental control for the PC itself. Its so complicated now. 
  1. Will I be able to re-use my kaspersky activation code after uninstalling it on that PC?
  2. Is it a must to have kid’s own MS account for safe kids to work?
  3. Is there no option of simply protecting a particular PC, regardless of who use it,  rather than linking it to a particular account?

Hello @maminr

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for posting back! 

We understand!

1. Yes. When KSK is uninstalled, it will not show 6 checkboxes (unlike Kaspersky's AV software: K Total Security, K Internet Sec & or K Security Cloud). Always have the activation code on hand, HOWEVER, the activation code is not needed to uninstall KSK. 
  2. No. A Windows account is DIFFERENT to a Microsoft account. Our instructions are not for the PC & each child to be linked to a MS account. Our instructions are for each child to have a standard/local account = an account configured directly on the PC. 
  3. Each child MUST have their own Windows local/standard account. 

Process, for step 4. in our first reply → Make sure there’s a LOCAL account for each daughter:

Sign out of all accounts, apart from your account. You (parent/admin) is the only person to do the steps we provided in our first reply: 

Image 1. In Windows Search🔎type      user    → from the left hand side list, select Add, edit or remove other users

Image 2, select Add someone else to this PC.

Image 3, select I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.

Image 4, select Add a user without a Microsoft account

Image 5, add your daughter’s name. Don’t worry about adding a password atm, that can be done after you’ve created your daughter’s accounts & associated them with KSK. 

Image 6, result - you’ve added a LOCAL/standard account for your daughter👏

If you get stuck or have any questions, please post back? 

Let us know the outcome please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋