Reports taskbar bug

Every time I start my PC, I have a Reports tab that when I click on it does nothing. The only way to make it disappear is to either quit Kaspersky or go into Kaspersky in the tray area then click into reports and close it from there. There are no reports so I'm not sure why it opens on startup.

35 minutes ago, focussss said:

1. Reports taskbar bug.

2. Every time I start my PC, I have a Reports tab that when I click on it does nothing.

The only way to make it disappear is to either quit Kaspersky or go into Kaspersky in the tray area then click into reports and close it from there.

3.  There are no reports so I'm not sure why it opens on startup.

Hello @focussss

Welcome! 

1. Re "Reports taskbar bug" - have you *pinned* the Kaspersky Reports to the Windows Taskbar? 
  2. Where does the Reports tab show - in the middle of the PC desktop, on the left, the right - somewhere else? 
  3. Do you mean - in Kaspersky Reports - there's *no* report data - at all - across the 20 different Kaspersky reports
  4. Which OS version & build, read: How to find the version of your operating system
  5. Which Kaspersky software name & version, read: How to find the name and the version number of a Kaspersky application
  • Reset Kaspersky to default:
  1. *FIRST* export the Kaspersky config so (you) have a backup - How to export settings - Do not *IMPORT* at this stage
  2. Next run the Restore step, read: How to restore the default settings of the application
  3. Shutdown the Computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on by pressing the Power button, login, recheck if Reports tab shows? 

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added extra Q.

Posted (edited)

1. Microsoft Windows 11 Professional x64 Build 22621
2. Application version 21.16.6.467 - Kaspersky Free

Reports is not pinned to the taskbar.

I reinstalled the application over my original install but it did not fix the issue.

I also restored settings to default and restarted the computer and it didn't fix the issue.

I've attached a screenshot and when I click on it nothing happens. It only goes away if I open the program then go into reports and then close the window. There are no reports in there.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Edited by focussss

• 2 weeks later...

So I did a completely new install and it worked fine for a few days and now the reports tab has come back.

I have attached what I see in the reports area but that does not come up when I click on the reports tab. Nothing comes up when I click on the reports tab, I need to click on the tray icon and then go to reports that way. There's no way to clear those from what I can see.

In my notifications, there is also nothing (see screenshot attached)

reports.jpg

notifications.jpg

10 minutes ago, focussss said:

So I did a completely new install and it worked fine for a few days and now the reports tab has come back.

I have attached what I see in the reports area but that does not come up when I click on the reports tab. Nothing comes up when I click on the reports tab, I need to click on the tray icon and then go to reports that way. There's no way to clear those from what I can see.

In my notifications, there is also nothing (see screenshot attached)

Hello @focussss

Thank you for posting back! 

You are not providing the requested information, either you don't understand or you've decided to answer only what you want to answer. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
spelling.

29 minutes ago, focussss said:
  • Didn't I post the notifications area as you requested and provided the info that Berny requested?
  • Here's my entire taskbar if that helps.taskbar.jpg

Hello @focussss

Thank you for posting back! 

• No. 
  • Not without a nuclear microscope.
  • *IF* you've set the icons on (your) Taskbar to be  *small* - change the setting to *normal* while people are trying to help you. 

Please follow these steps -

• Please *stop* cropping images.
  1. Show the *FULL taskbar* - including the System date & time *and*  select the *Show hidden icons* icon - so *all* hidden icons are visible - post a *full-screen-screenprint of the desktop with the full taskbar & the hidden icons* - see image:

image.thumb.png.4540a3a077cc882318f7752a205aeade.png

2.  Go to Windows, Notifications & Actions, post full-screen-screenprint(s) of *every* app  listed in the *Get notifications from these apps* list? 

3. Go to the Windows *Start* screen, select All apps, scroll to & *rightclick*  Kaspersky Free, post a *full-screen-screenprint*

4. Open Kaspersky Free GUI, enlarge the GUI so it fills the screen, start at the Home window, scroll down to the bottom of the GUI window, select Timeline - post a *full-screen-screenprint*. 

****Hide (your) email address or any private information before posting****

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

@focussss

5 hours ago, focussss said:

the reports tab has come back.

This is a strange issue 🤔 , for privacy reasons we don't request system logs but you may consider to check on your side your system e.g.  :

• Full Kaspersky scan
  • System File Checker → ' sfc /scannow '
  • Disk Surface Check → ' chkdsk /f '

Please create a restore point before proceeding !
Also and FYI , this community can't  fix bugs.

• Like 1