Puchased new Intenet Security from Ebay and received Activation code the software does not activate gives NOTIN USE??

hcgs06

image.thumb.png.a47b7abdb94d488a4b52db44e5388f15.png

I have down loaded thru Kasperky's web intalled new app but it still comes up with Old expired info saying  it is expired. 

image.png.6007bcbb772e874951dbbb19c978cb71.png 

ebay.jpg.cc681c440a7af8e68de2446ca56f3d03.jpg

This is the one I want to use but after downloading it comes back to the one above saying Expired??????

KSYerror.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have been buying Kaspersky on Ebay for many years and it has always Worked fine. I have been using it for over 10 years and everyone has been bought and paid on EBAY!!!  I have since gotten it to work and it is activated  on all my devices.  It was  holding it up because my current version had not expired. Once it expired I was able to activate it.

On 11/27/2023 at 10:46 AM, Berny said:

@hcgs06 Welcome.

Here are the detailed instructions when purchasing a Kaspersky license on eBay :

1. Never purchase a Kaspersky license on eBay
  2. Never purchase a Kaspersky license on eBay
  3. Never purchase a Kaspersky license on eBay

That statement is not really fair or true. While you're mostly correct as a lot of them do indeed sell licenses that have already been activated (which is usually a red flag as they might be bought with stolen credit cards, or the seller is selling the same license to multiple people), but at the same time it could also be a true case of just someone reselling used/old licenses that the original owner no longer needs or bought by mistake.

However, there are also some sellers out there selling actually legitimate licenses that were acquired legally and are still brand new (non-activated). It's almost impossible to call those non-activated licenses as illegitimate, unless Kaspersky blocks them after a while. There are also those that sell cheaper legitimate licenses because they are restricted to one of the lower-income countries, which the seller will just ask you to activate with a VPN (obviously against Kaspersky's EULA, but still considered a legitimate license).

I say this because I used to sell legitimate digital goods on Ebay many years ago (not Kaspersky products), but I was forced to stop after getting scammed multiple times with chargebacks claiming to be from hacked accounts (PayPal sucks in that way and will just steal your money and give it back to the buyer), and there's no way to "take back" those digital goods that the scammer already received from you. My goods were 100% legit and some were even coming directly from the manufacturers themselves.

In short, it's just like trading in general: There's the good and there's the bad that just ruins it for everyone. It's not fair to call everyone a scammer. Im obviously not trying to promote buying Kaspersky licenses from Ebay and I take no responsibility on that. I was just replying to your general statement.

Edited by BlackEdition

On 12/15/2023 at 11:44 AM, Berny said:

@BlackEdition Welcome back.

Since  the first day that this Kaspersky Forum started i have seen multiple problems with invalid Kaspersky Licenses purchased on eBay and that's why i always post above recommendation.

I too tried purchasing discounted licenses on Ebay over the years (been a Kaspersky user since 2006). I don't remember ever getting an invalid license, but I did sometimes receive "bad" ones. I call them bad because they were mostly licenses that have already been activated which I never liked, because those mostly have a story behind them like stolen or shared or something like that. The licenses I received were actually working perfectly for their entire duration and never got blocked by Kaspersky (as far as I can remember). I did also stumble on 100% legit sellers that sold me non-activated keys (brand new), you just got to be willing to look around for the trusted sellers out there if you want to save a couple of bucks.

But in general, you're correct to warn people about buying licenses on Ebay as not all people have experience with telling a legit from a fraud seller. I no longer get my licenses from marketplaces like that for the last couple of years now, but the only reason I stopped is because I found a better supplier. I would probably go back to Ebay if I didn't have access to this supplier any longer.

• Like 1