Privacy Cleaner Not Working on Kaspersky Internet Security 2020

Blondie59

Hello,

I need some help please.

The Search For Activity Traces isn’t functioning on our Kaspersky Internet Security 2020. We hit Search For Activity Traces you don’t see anything on the bar, it says please wait and the bar is  just clear you don't see the bar move, and you don’t see the percent number change stays at 0 and then next, it takes you to the Search For Activity Traces Completed and then I hit Next and  up pops up Privacy Cleaner and it say the Wizard Is Cleaning user activity and on that bar you don’t see it move, it is just clear and he percentage stays at 0 and it says completed, then you can reboot your computer.

When Kaspersky downloaded this version before our 2019 expired, we had the same issue.

Can anyone please send me a link on how to correct this and make it work?

Thank you.

Hello @Blondie59

Welcome back!

Please tell us: 

1. Operating system name, version & build? 
  2. KIS 20(x) x =patch → on Windows Taskbar rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About ?
  3. Has a check of applications incompatible with Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) been done? 
  4. Has KIS been reset to default & the Privacy Cleaner,  Search For Activity Traces issue re-checked? 
  5. Does the same Privacy Cleaner,  Search For Activity Traces issue happen with KIS version 21?  
  6. Please post a GSI & Windows Logs ?
  7. May we have a video please?

Thank you🙏

Flood+1🐳

Disclaimer, we have no association with Kaspersky. 

Hi,

I am currently running Kaspersky Internet Security 2020, I am not on version 2021 yet. The download shoes 20.0.1.4.1085 (I).

Wnen  Kapsersky downloaded the 2020 version before my 2019 version expired, we had the same problem. that you don’t see the bar move and the percentage doesn’t change.

We are still using windows 7, and I don’t know if that is the problem.

Thank you.

Hello @Blondie59

Atm, W7 is still supported. 

• Contact Kaspersky Support, fill in the template as in our image, include a video of the issue & a GSI & Windows logs, the Support team may request Traces, they will guide you if required, however, we anticipate Support will request you install v21 & retest the issue, it’s up to you whether or not you update & recheck before you contact the Support team 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood+1🐳

Disclaimer, we have no association with Kaspersky.