Optimal Windows power settings for Kaspersky total security. Ideal settings for KTS 2021.

I have intel I5 7th gen laptop and recently installed KTS 2021. I found that Battery settings on windows hanged and close itself while KTS scan on external drive was in progress. When i stopped doing the external drive scan then power and sleep settings and battery settings opened up fine. Wanted to know if any change to default settings can help to address the issue. Wanted to know ideal settings which experienced Users are using on KTS 2021. 

Also where can i get change log if whats new on KTS 2021 compared to old KTS 2020?

Hello @devajosh99

Welcome again!

Kaspersky Total Security release notes

For the hanging/Windows closing during scan issue, if you’ve used the KTS Clean & optimize tools, reset KTS to Default & done an Uninstall, saving License information only, then done a clean Install → following the documentation, it would be best to log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support; fill in the Application malfunction, Other template; Support may require Traces, Logs & other data, they will guide you

Logs & traces can be big to very big; run for only as long as it takes to replicate the issue &, if any of the files cannot be attached to the incident, don’t use Webdav, simply upload the files to any cloud service of your choice, create a share link & add the share link to the incident. 

After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.

When technical support provide an answer, please share the information with the Community? ​

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Additional resource:

Read before you create a new topic! tutorial, by @Danila T.