On-screen Keyboard BUG Issue

Go to solution Solved by Jamie Lee,

My Windows version: WIndows10 22H2 (OS Build 19045.4651)

Kaspersky PLUS 21.18.5.438

The problem:

After the lastest Kaspersky PLUS's Application update, my On-screen Keyboard becomes bugged. You can see from the 2 screenshots, my mouse cursor was positioned at Number 0, but it counts as Number9.

I have been using Kaspersky for many years, and I use On-screen Keyboard for many years, this bug never happened to me before.

Annotation2024-08-02170612.thumb.jpg.91aaf4648d2ff15e9c607acc45f6671f.jpgAnnotation2024-08-02170628.thumb.jpg.432d8104baa9b8644cd12a24c82ae1a6.jpg

1 hour ago, Guilhermesene4096 said:

@Jamie Lee Welcome

Really very strange.. maybe it could actually be a bug 🤔

But anyway, have you tried reinstalling the app completely? (uninstalling, deleting folders and leftovers [complete cleaning] and then installing again)

Thanks for your reply.

No I haven't. Completely Reinstalling will be my last resort, since I could lose all my saved settings and data.

@Jamie Lee

You can save your settings and data by exporting the settings file and importing it after reinstallation.

EXPORT KASPERSKY SETTINGS ↓

Spoiler

Open the Kaspersky graphical interface

Click on the gear symbol (configuration) in the lower left-hand side of the window

Scroll down and click → Manage settings

Click → Export

Select a location to save the configuration file and set a name

Confirm the operation

RESTORE KASPERSKY SETTINGS ↓

Spoiler

Open the Kaspersky graphical interface

Click on the gear symbol (configuration) in the lower left-hand side of the window

Scroll down and click → Manage settings

Click → Import

Confirm the operation

Restart your device

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Addional Information to my earlier post:

Windows 11 Home Edition, Ver 23H2, build 22631.4037

Kaspersky Plus version 21.18.5.438 (a)

HP17 AMD Ryzen 5500U

Problen first noticed 24/8/24

After clearing all Kaspersky related folders, registry & leftovers I did several re-instals with and without my saved settings. Each time the keyboard works normally until the computer is next restarted when it reverts with the same problem.

Thank you

BTW i tried reproduce but in mine case all working perfectly (i dont have english keyboard) so i must first click on shift and then i see numbers. But there was no problem maybe only on some PCs or english keyboards...

• Solution

I have received a reply from the kaspersky Team. They gave me a solution that works. Please do following:

"

The workaround for now is to reset the Windows font size to the default value
(Windows Settings > Ease of Access > Display > Make text bigger).

However, the fix will be implemented in the next product version (21.19).

"

It works for me.

Thanks to Guilhermesene4096 and everyone who tried to help me on resolving this.

If you're experiencing an on-screen keyboard bug, try restarting your device, checking for software updates, and toggling the keyboard off and on. If the issue persists, test in Safe Mode, or reinstall keyboard drivers. If necessary, run a system file check (Windows) or reset keyboard settings.

The fix per Jamie Lee’s post also worked for me: In Windows 11 Home Ed search for ‘text’ & choose ‘text size’, set slider to minimum (100%). Mine was set at 125% because of my poor visual acuity but I can live with this for the time being. Thanks to Jamie for posting the solution and everyone else for their interest / suggestions.