Network Attack Detected - Port 3389

For at least a month - I’ve been getting multiple brute force RDP attacks on port 3389.  I have remote desktop setup for those times I am out of the office and cannot physically use this computer.  I’m attacked from what looks like dozens of IP address.    Is there anything I should do to minimize risk?

I’m using Windows 10 Pro.  The password to this computer is 32 random characters long.  there is a PIN that I use every day that is much shorter.  I assume that the PIN isn’t useable if you’re not physically in front of the computer using the attached keyboard - but I don’t know much about Windows 10 and how it should  work.   I have an old router, therefore my computer sits behind the router.     I’m also using a VPN.  Would a VPN make any difference?  Or, have they simply found my  actual IP address and getting in through that?   My VPN IP address changes every day.

Hello @silver_mica

Welcome back!

1. KTS version & patch(x) →  Windows taskbar, hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  2. KVPN version & patch(x) →  Windows taskbar, hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Help, select About
  3. Windows 10 version & build
  4. Please see replies from @Schulte@Berny & @Igor Kurzin, in topic Daily Network Attack raised by @astronaut954 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Reference: Read before you create a new topic! Tutorial by @Danila T.