Netflix only allowing original content

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hi everyone, Currently Netflix is only allowing me to view netflix original content when connected via the vpn. If you search for a non netflix original show, you will find it but only the "remind me" button is available. I am in Australia trying to access the US and UK netflix content.  Is there a work around for this? Thanks in advance for any advice.

vpn1.jpg

vpn2.jpg

Edited by adoos

12 hours ago, adoos said:
  • W11, Home x64, Build 22000, VPN 21.3.10.391(i)
  • Netflix is only allowing me to view Netflix original content when connected via the vpn.
  • If you search for a non Netflix original show, you will find it but only the "remind me" button is available.
  • I am in Australia trying to access the US and UK Netflix content.

Hello @adoos

Welcome!

• Does the same issue happen with all US remote virtual servers: USA Central, USA East Coast, USA South, USA West Coast, Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Newark, New York, Orlando, Phoenix, Portland, San Jose, Seattle, Washington & all UK remote virtual servers: United Kingdom, Manchester, London ? 
  • To enable us to test, apart from the Dark Knight Rises, may we have some other titles / names please & the names of the servers you've selected please? 

Please let us know?

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Hi thanks for the quick response. The dark knight was just an indicative example but it is the same for all other content although, I had some limited success on the USA South server.  It's interesting to see the list of servers in your reply as these options seem unavailable on my list. I have attached a screen shot of the available servers I have.   Do I have the incorrect version of the vpn? or is there a setting I need to adjust so I can see the additional servers? I would really like to know how I can access the multiple US and UK servers that you mention.  thanks for your help. 

vpn server list.jpg

vpen server 2.jpg

Update - Hi, I was obviously running an outdated or different version of the vpn, as I downloaded it again and the sever list updated. The netflix content is now available on the USA servers however, unfortunately neither of the UK servers are connecting to netflix or bbc iplayer at all. 

uk netflix.jpg

Hello @adoos,

We seem to have cross-posted. 

Good to read you have the update & the US Netflix issue is resolved. 

1. IF you wish for us to test Netflix UK, provide titles / names, at least that way we can quickly let you know if we can replicate the same issue - think along the lines of comparing apples with apples.  
  2.  BBC iPlayer, ?, where did that come from? Ok, so what happens when you access BBC iPlayer, please post a screen image of the error - and, read Terms of Use for the BBC’s digital services

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

The relevant paragraph 7. a. is as follows:

7. The BBC Terms of UseTerms for using our services and content

a. Don’t mess with our services

Accessing content from outside the UK that you aren’t allowed to, or helping others do the same. For example: using a VPN service so you can watch BBC iPlayer when you’re outside the UK.

Hi,

Thanks for explaining the BBC issue. Regarding netflix UK, I can't provide any specific examples at the moment as i can't even connect to the site as the per the attached screenshot.  I get the same result with both UK servers. cheers.

netflix uk sever2.jpg

• Solution

Hello @adoos

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back!

1. On the image you posted, select Learn more & post the URL that opens please? 
  2. Does that same error happen in every supported browser

Please let us know? 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Additional resource (more related to your earlier posts):

Make the most of streaming services - region-restricted content list = list of streaming services that Kaspersky VPN supports. Kaspersky recommends a server location for each streaming service to help you get the most out of your service.

Also @adoos

• Please read update from @Danila T., in topic by @TsmkUnable to stream Netflix (USA, UK, Japan), 12th July, 2022: "At the moment everything should work via VPN servers UK, USA and JP (directories of these countries are available)."
  • You may wish to contact Support, on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then select Connectivity issues, Specific website does not work as expected template; Support may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you. 
    Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.0d448d128dc3317ed49e19720f240876.jpeg

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.81d800347666b06566cc8f9481ddfb77.jpeg

• IF you do log the issue with Support, please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

On 7/15/2022 at 1:12 AM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Also @adoos

• Please read update from @Danila T., in topic by @TsmkUnable to stream Netflix (USA, UK, Japan), 12th July, 2022: "At the moment everything should work via VPN servers UK, USA and JP (directories of these countries are available)."
  • You may wish to contact Support, on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then select Connectivity issues, Specific website does not work as expected template; Support may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you. 
      Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpeg.0d448d128dc3317ed49e19720f240876.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpeg.81d800347666b06566cc8f9481ddfb77.jpeg

• IF you do log the issue with Support, please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

@Flood and Flood's wife thanks for all  your help. I can see this issue is effecting a few people as well. I will keep an eye on the forum.

• Like 1