More Time requests are late or not delivered at all

MacGrubber

Operating System: Windows 10

I am using Safe Kids to block content and restrict usage within certain hours. On both of the computers that are running Windows 10, my children can click the button to request more time. However, when they press that, I do not get a notification in the parent app on my phone. If I go to login to the website, the alert isn't delivered there. I am signed up to get those emails, but I don't get those... for several hours. For example, my child requested more time at 4:30pm, and almost exactly four hours later, I finally got the email. I am forced to have to enter my parent password which is annoying because of its complexity. And I'm not sure that's the best way as it appears I'm actually turning off everything, not just providing more time.

Is there any reason I wouldn't be getting the alerts anywhere? Logs on the PC? Also, is there a way to allow the child to make the request again? Hours go by and it just stays at "Your request has been submitted". I'd love to be able have them try again and see if it goes through a second time.

8 hours ago, MacGrubber said:

I am using Safe Kids to block content and restrict usage within certain hours. On both of the computers that are running Windows 10, my children can click the button to request more time. However, when they press that, I do not get a notification in the parent app on my phone. If I go to login to the website, the alert isn't delivered there. I am signed up to get those emails, but I don't get those... for several hours. For example, my child requested more time at 4:30pm, and almost exactly four hours later, I finally got the email. I am forced to have to enter my parent password which is annoying because of its complexity. And I'm not sure that's the best way as it appears I'm actually turning off everything, not just providing more time.

Is there any reason I wouldn't be getting the alerts anywhere? Logs on the PC? Also, is there a way to allow the child to make the request again? Hours go by and it just stays at "Your request has been submitted". I'd love to be able have them try again and see if it goes through a second time.

Hello @MacGrubber

Welcome!

Apologies for the delay responding, we're testing elements of the issues you've reported before we provide a complete response; please allow us some time to do this as there's potentially more than one issue at foot? 

While you're patiently waiting, please post the following information: 

1. Child computer 1, Windows 10, full version & build number
  2. Child computer 2, Windows 10, full version & build number
  3. (Your) phone - manufacturer name, type (Android/iOS), OS version & One UI version

Reference resources - How to find the OS version?  & Find the software version on iOS devices?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

13 hours ago, MacGrubber said:
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  1. Is there any reason I wouldn't be getting the alerts anywhere?
  2. Logs on the PC?
  3. Also, is there a way to allow the child to make the request again? 
  4. I am using Safe Kids to block content and restrict usage within certain hours. On both of the computers that are running Windows 10, my children can click the button to request more time. However, when they press that, I do not get a notification in the parent app on my phone. If I go to login to the website, the alert isn't delivered there. I am signed up to get those emails, but I don't get those... for several hours. For example, my child requested more time at 4:30pm, and almost exactly four hours later, I finally got the email. I am forced to have to enter my parent password which is annoying because of its complexity. And I'm not sure that's the best way as it appears I'm actually turning off everything, not just providing more time.

Hello @MacGrubber

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.2f35a911ed5d96b7ec96a1b961e3d9c6.jpeg

We've rejigged the formatting (of your questions) above just to keep images & stuff we post together:

1. Something may be wrong with the sync between the computers & your phone, as you're reporting the issue with two computers & one phone; it may be on the phone end - we need to work thru & find out? 
  2. Logs on the PC? Not by default, if KSK tracing is enabled there would be logs *but*, (1) the logs need to be analyzed by Technical Support. (2), the logs can be **huge**, let's not turn them on unless TS tell you they need them. 
  3. No. 
  4. Email transmission time - our findings, 10 tests, 3 different *child* computers to parent Android - not instantaneous, not even close; fastest was 23 minutes, slowest - 45 minutes. 
  • When the parent receives the email, it should look & work as in image: 2 & 3. 
    Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c1f3c328319a13bb0ee4f0c1a9549d13.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b35dda85910cfd107bcbdb3daf5d8276.png

1. What happens if you log directly into your MyKaspersky account, not via the email but using a normal Google browser - on your phone? 
  2. Does the child's "more time" request show in *any* MyKaspersky window, after you log into your account - via a Google browser - image 3
  3. Do (you) see a red highlight on the Notification bell - top right-hand corner - image 4 A. 
  4. In Notifications - is there a "Child requests" red notification - image 4 B.
  5. In KIDS, is there any Child requests - with orange notification - image 4 C.
  6. Which KSK, Settings, Notifications, have been configured - image 4 D & 5 E. 
    Spoiler

image.thumb.png.915fb9285252c29446850610d5036c96.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.bbc637b96345aec9e50c216bcf327e98.png

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

Computer 1 - Windows 10 Home 22H2

Computer 2 - Windows 10 Professional 22H2

Phone 1 - Android 13 (Pixel)

Phone 2 - iPhone (whatever the latest is)

For the questions you posed, section 1:

1. I've been down this road before. Whether I am on the app, on WiFi, on cellular, in a different city, I just don't see the alerts. In the browser on my PC, it's sometimes hit or miss.

4. That is absurd. The button is being pressed, why hold up the email?

Section 2:

1. I haven't tried this on my phone. I actively avoid going to websites on my phone when I have a PC nearby. I will attempt it though.

2. No, no windows. I click around on the website, between children, hoping it will initiate. 2 minutes later, I give up and go to their computer to enter a password manually.

3. I haven't noticed a bell before, but when I go look now, those notifications are about their browsing history.

4./5. No, no child requests. If I go manually to the Childs requests screen, it isn't there.

6. All three are turned on.

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2023 at 1:07 AM, MacGrubber said:

4. That is absurd. The button is being pressed, why hold up the email?

2. No, no windows. I click around on the website, between children, hoping it will initiate. 2 minutes later, I give up and go to their computer to enter a password manually.

Hello @MacGrubber

You're most welcome!

Thank you for the information. 

• Re 4. Email transmission time, we didn't say it was acceptable, we simply reported the results of our tests; our tests confirm part of the issue you're reporting. 
  • Re 2. Signing in as parent overrides the KSK child profile, so unless you're then going to MyKaspersky & wiping the schedule or turning off Device monitoring - or similar - we do not understand this action - apart from the fact you're trying to make the computer available for your children, bc the KSK software is not working as expected.
  1. Is Microsoft Family being used?
  2. Is Google Family Link being used? 
  3. For both children's computers, may we have a full screen screen-print of the Family & other users screen -> Windows, Settings, Accounts, Family & other users - hide any private information before posting? 
  4. On Computer 1. *only* sign into Windows as parent / admin, on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the KSK icon, select Settings, sign into the KSK app by entering (your) password, select Other, select Sync, select Save - make sure you see the Settings synced message? IF there's any *error* messages post a full screen screen-print, then sign out of KSK (as parent), shutdown the device using Shutdown, not Restart, power on by pressing the power button, ask your child to login to Windows, is the Child account still blocked by KSK with the Your request has been submitted message?  

image.thumb.png.4d7b846ba9a8023713d9ced7d5ac3d13.png

Please post back.

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

added sync screen

• 3 months later...

Experiencing same issue as MacGrubber.  And what he may not have mentioned that is working fine:   when my child asks for permission to use a blocked app/software, I receive it immediately.  We should also be receiving the request for more time immediately as well.  Asking the troubleshooting questions was not necessary when the parents are receiving other permissions from the child.

On 5/9/2023 at 10:49 AM, solascriptura said:
  1. Experiencing same issue as MacGrubber.

Hello @solascriptura,

Welcome!

1. IF (your) Kaspersky Safe Kids subscription is Premium, not Free, please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

pn

• 9 months later...
11 hours ago, MS9 said:

It happens all the time to me. I'm considering getting another parental control app. It's so annoying.

Hello @MS9

Welcome!

There's various recovery procedures - however - you've provided *no* information & we're not interested in guessing:

1. IF (your) Kaspersky Safe Kids subscription is Premium, not Free, please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service - https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts - on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

adjusted link

I cant even access that link to customer service. I guess they are having some web traffic issues right now. When it works I will, ironically, make a request.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...