microsoft edge blocked

brutherb

so this started a while ago my netflix and disney plus app wouldnt connect. i tried the usual efforts. they would connect through chrome though. then one day when i was trying to figure out what was going on i noticed that there was a microsoft edge error. So i opened edge and it wouldnt connect to any pages either. again thgought it was an edge issue typical efforts to fix issue. None of these resolve the issue. Tonight i am playing with it some more i asm checking windows fire wall entries etc. part of my efforts tonight i shut down both malwarebytes and Kaspersky well low and behold the apps work and the browser connects to the web. I start each app back up individually and test. I whittled it down to somehow kaspersky is blocking ms edge . so i went into the setting and try and add ms edge as a trusted application, every time i add it kaspersky crashes. i can add pwahelper in the same folder and its fine but the msedge.exe file being added as a trusted app causes a crash. Is there other places i can look i dont have any blocked apps. i have looked there

36 minutes ago, brutherb said:

so this started a while ago my netflix and disney plus app wouldnt connect. i tried the usual efforts. they would connect through chrome though. then one day when i was trying to figure out what was going on i noticed that there was a microsoft edge error. So i opened edge and it wouldnt connect to any pages either

Hello @brutherb

Welcome!

1. What are the *actual* errors? Post a *screen-print* - we need to see what you see -> How to take a screenshot on a Windows PC?
  1. Make sure Windows Hidden files, is checked/ticked, refer: View hidden files and folders in Windows
  2. Open Kaspersky app, select Settings, select Generaluncheck Enable Self-Defense, select Save, select Yes - to confirm the action.
  3. Exit Kaspersky app - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Exit.
  4. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete the contents = all files and folders.
  5. Start Kaspersky app.
  6. Enable Self-Defense.
  7. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login.
  8. Re-check the issue?
  9. 💥IF the issue persists, upgrade KIS to Kaspersky Standard (free upgrade), read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ, by Danila T.
  10. IF the issue persists, please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 
  • Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
    Flood🐳+🐋

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I had a very similar issue since mid November.  I could not connect to any website using edge browser (Chrome and Firefox worked though).  Neither was I able to connect to any mailserver (google, outlook,...) when trying to synchronise mails in my outlook client.  But when I disabled Kaspersky and restart my computer everything worked as before.  Now that's not my preferred solution.

I applied above steps (1 to 8 ) and that finally solved the issue!  I don't understand what it does, but it does the trick.

Thank you @Flood and Flood's wife and @Igor Kurzin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...