local installation of KES 12 stand-alone don't work

msbrj
Go to solution Solved by ElvinE5,

Hi Every one 

so here are the cases that i have tried 

1-installation in widows 7 with package Kes 12 and Net Agent 14 (stand-alone)

2-installation in the same machine windows 7 but with only Net Agent 14 (stand-alone)

3-installation in another machine in network windows 7 with Kes 12 and Net Agent 14 (stand-alone) 

the same issue is stuck in the connection section of the Network Agent (see screenshot) ?

all machines respond with ksc 14 Server when i ping , the firewall is disabled. 

I DON'T know if the issue is about windows 7 that is out of support and Kaspersky KSC 14 doesn't support it also!

Best Regards.  

Capture d’écran 2023-07-18 020530.png

Good day

judging by the screenshot, the agent is being installed but cannot connect to the server, the reasons are probably quite banal...

1. between the client and the server, traffic is blocked over TCP 13000

2. errors in configuring connection parameters in the "raw" agent package (before creating a standalone)

I'm guessing the second option is the most likely...

how to check/fix this

1. Check the settings of the "raw" package for the Network Agent

Спойлер

image.thumb.png.82c13da7a266eaaee889a7412e4fc12c.png

ou can specify here IP or DNS name of your server

I assume that it is the DNS name that is currently indicated in this field, but clients cannot resolve it

make sure that clients can resolve the server by this DNS name, otherwise I would recommend using IP

you will have to rebuild your standalone package to make these changes and check...

as for the clients on which you have already installed the agent, and he cannot connect it is necessary to check if the agent is working normally, for this use the built-in utilities ...

on the client device, using the following path

C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\NetworkAgent\klcsngtgui.exe

Спойлер

image.thumb.png.e94d0195ff88fd0f145b9cbf9e1b7092.png

run the utility as administrator

Спойлер

image.thumb.png.0a20a94df293bea7d6102a55e8309fc3.png

check the spelling of the server ... and if there were attempts to synchronize, run the agent verification utility

Спойлер

image.thumb.png.bca9a5c07ac06fb153f01f315f61117e.png

in my case, everything is fine, but you may have an inscription at the bottom..for example transport layer error SSL certificate error

show a screenshot of the output of this utility if possible

if I'm right and clients simply can't find the KSC server via DNS, but see it via IP, you can try to change the server address in the agent settings on the client device ... this is done by another utility located there ..

C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\NetworkAgent\klmover.exe

Run a command prompt (cmd) as an administrator, and run the command sequence...

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\NetworkAgent

klmover.exe -address <IP or DNS name KSC server>

examp: klmover.exe -address 10.111.10.210

the utility will reconfigure the agent parameters to connect to the new server, wait a couple of minutes until the agent restarts and check the connection in the server with the utility klcsngtgui.exe

as in the first example, if everything should not be wrong ... and the device should appear on the KSC server in the group of managed devices

Good luck

upd: you can also remove the old agent and install a new one from a recreated package with the correct address ... if it's convenient ...

Hi @ElvinE5 , 

thank you for your response and for this solution. 

unfortunately, after trying all the proposed solutions the problem persists, you can check my screenshot.

In the first screenshot, i tried to modify the DNS name to ip address 

the second screenshot I check the connection in port tcp 13000 and is open . 

the third screenshot i check the connection on other side(server ksc) port 13000, 14000, 15000 this is optional suggestion just to confirm but i think it does work until the network agent send a request to KSC or have a good installation 

the last screenshot its about utilities doesn't work (not only klcsngtgui.exe)

after that , what do you suggest ?

tomorrow i will try to test the stand-alone installation in another system version windows 10 or 11 !

thank you in advance for your effort .

Best Regards .

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

• Solution
3 часа назад, msbrj сказал:

the last screenshot its about utilities doesn't work (not only klcsngtgui.exe)

interesting, okay ... you can try to run the utility directly, without the GUI, run command prompt as admin ... execute commands

1. cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\NetworkAgent" - to navigate to the location of the utilities

2. klnagchk.exe - agent verification utility

perhaps the agent after installation cannot start normally ...

additionally try to install only the agent manually from the raw package... it is located on your KSC server in a network share...

Спойлер

image.thumb.png.8d69a3e9d54c1556175b4fd63d957e46.png

download it to your device and run it as administrator, in the installation wizard, in principle, everything can be set by default, the only thing is to specify the address of your server ... It is possible that the system will give some errors during the installation process ...

also Common problems with older systems can be these two ... see if it helps ...

https://support.kaspersky.com/us/kess2/error/13727

https://support.kaspersky.com/common/compatibility/15728

• 4 weeks later...