Jump to content

KSC Mail Threat Protections not working


Recommended Posts

hello , We are testing KSC Mail Threat Protections to block the emails with specific attachment type but it's not working , for testing we block the .txt and .pdf  and still able to receive  emails with this type of attachment and open it .

 

image.png.3c8b281a03763a9f2851a246180de601.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good day

 

1. make sure that the component you need is installed on the test device and works.

Спойлер

image.thumb.png.7d7c3ddf8a49910c785f38cb3a7ac8ea.png

2. make sure that the policy applies to this device.

3. The component works with traffic, POP, IMAP, SMTP - accordingly, on your test device, a certain mail client that receives mail (for example, Outlook) must be installed.

4. Well, and probably the most important thing, your extensions are not set according to the format (seen in the screenshot), specify *.txt and *.pdf

 

I think that you will succeed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

through some manipulation, I managed to "break" my system to get the same "problem" that you have.

so...let's try the following

check settings here... if you are using non-standard ports for receiving mail, add them ... and enable secure connections check

Спойлер

image.thumb.png.08d2b51e7e78bae67a48ee0d2261e2b4.png

 

after making changes to the settings, adding new extensions, for some time the system, just like you, did not work out the removal of these types.

all I did after unsuccessful tests was reload the application on the client device, and wait a few minutes (5-10), after which all the new types of extensions specified by me began to be removed from the letters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

we are using the default SMTP port 25 and the secure connections check already enabled.

I have restarted the the application from the Remote diagnostic utility and wait for one day (*_^) still not working t

image.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

sorry...

let's do it again point by point

1. Even so, check that the required mail protection component is installed and enabled on the test machine (as in the screenshot in my first post)

2. Delete, create, and reconfigure the policy for the test device. Check that the policy is applied to the device.

check the work

if everything is checked and nothing helps, try contacting support through the portal - https://companyaccount.kaspersky.com/account/login

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.