KPM causes certain website to Crash

skiiwee29
Go to solution Solved by skiiwee29,

Whenever I visit linustechtips.com from a Chromium based browser like Chrome, Edge, or Brave, it causes the website to crash (Works just fine with Mozilla Firefox, so is limited to Chromium based only). I tested by disabling all my browser extensions and enabling them individually and found that Kaspersky Password Manager is the culprit. This seems to have started approximately 1 month ago. Since the webstore shows Last update to KPM was in July, makes me think something on the browser side caused a change. 

Brave:

image.thumb.png.84f32d7e39d46a27cae9b014d51f747a.png 

image.thumb.png.cf1caece71cf86bbed7dadd47100fca3.png

Edge:

image.thumb.png.b3610aba8dfaa01d961ede047f39ab07.png

Version 117.0.2045.60 (Official build) (64-bit)

Chrome:

image.thumb.png.c2e79b650b457fff00fb9ed85f30ca97.png

Version 118.0.5993.71 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Please let me know what other details/information you may need from me. 

27 minutes ago, skiiwee29 said:

Hello @skiiwee29

Welcome!

We got to linustechtips for a few seconds then *boom* STATUS_BREAKPOINT error occurred, however, our KPM was not active / involved at all, so, please follow this guide:

Read before you create a new topic! by Danila T.  

The information required is:

1. OS version & build? 
  2. AV name, version & patch? 
  3. KPM app version? 
  4. KPM extension version? 
  5. Also, in all browsers, turn off Use hardware acceleration when available -> then power OFF the computer using SHUTDOWN, not Restart, power ON by pressing the Start button, login, recheck:  linustechtips? 

image.thumb.jpeg.193e53803df01a7e77a0fa620622aa59.jpeg

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

@Flood and Flood's wife

1. OS version & build? 

Windows 11 Home Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621

1. AV name, version & patch? 

Kaspersky Total Security Version 21.3.10.391 (K)

1. KPM app version? 

23.1.0.192 / 1696184774_7435 / 1.1.0.2_1

1. KPM extension version? 

1. Also, in all browsers, turn off Use hardware acceleration when available -> then power OFF the computer using SHUTDOWN, not Restart, power ON by pressing the Start button, login, recheck:  linustechtips? 

Computer has been shut down for a week while I was on Vacation. The Brave test this morning was 100% fresh, never installed previously since I knew it was a Chromium based browser. 

Hardware acceleration already disabled as it causes video playback issues when system is under load.

List of other extensions used in Chrome:

image.thumb.png.28992e9890d5fd60006eeb62b1f8b721.png

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, skiiwee29 said:
  • Windows 11 Home Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621
  • Kaspersky Total Security Version 21.3.10.391 (K)
  • KPM 23.1.0.192 / 1696184774_7435 / 1.1.0.2_1
  • KPM extension version - 23.1.98.1
  • Hardware acceleration already disabled as it causes video playback issues when system is under load.
  • Computer has been shut down for a week while I was on Vacation. The Brave test this morning was 100% fresh, never installed previously since I knew it was a Chromium based browser. 

Hello @skiiwee29

Thank you for the information!

1. (Even tho you've assessed the root cause as KPM), you may wish to upgrade KTS to Kaspersky Plus, & see if the issue persists; the upgrade is free; please refer: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ by Danila T.
  2. There's a bunch of stuff we had in mind to suggest - however - based on (your) last response -> your best course of action is to log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service, so a dedicated resource can be allocated to look at it. On the support page: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request browser debug logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @skiiwee29

Thank you for the information!

1. (Even tho you've assessed the root cause as KPM), you may wish to upgrade KTS to Kaspersky Plus, & see if the issue persists; the upgrade is free; please refer: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ by Danila T.
  2. There's a bunch of stuff we had in mind to suggest - however - based on (your) last response -> your best course of action is to log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service, so a dedicated resource can be allocated to look at it. On the support page: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request browser debug logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

I have upgraded to KP over KTS and still the same. Removed extension, browsed just fine. Reinstalled through KPM browser extension install and instantly started crashing again. Thanks for the link on where/how to open the support case. I will indeed update when this is resolved. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/11/2023 at 5:47 PM, skiiwee29 said:

Whenever I visit linustechtips.com from a Chromium based browser like Chrome, Edge, or Brave, it causes the website to crash (Works just fine with Mozilla Firefox, so is limited to Chromium based only). I tested by disabling all my browser extensions and enabling them individually and found that Kaspersky Password Manager is the culprit. This seems to have started approximately 1 month ago. Since the webstore shows Last update to KPM was in July, makes me think something on the browser side caused a change. 

Brave:

image.thumb.png.84f32d7e39d46a27cae9b014d51f747a.png 

image.thumb.png.cf1caece71cf86bbed7dadd47100fca3.png

Edge:

image.thumb.png.b3610aba8dfaa01d961ede047f39ab07.png

Version 117.0.2045.60 (Official build) (64-bit)

Chrome:

image.thumb.png.c2e79b650b457fff00fb9ed85f30ca97.png

Version 118.0.5993.71 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I can confirm this Issue. I'm also getting status_breakpoint issues across multiple PC's and browsers to flowing link. Other links have given this issue, but I don't have those at hand. Disabling Kaspersky Password manager in Edge, chrome and Brave solves the issue.
I'm using  Kaspersky Total Security.

On 10/16/2023 at 4:21 AM, Ole-Christian Henriksen said:
  • I can confirm this Issue.
  • I'm using Kaspersky Total Security.
  • I'm also getting status_breakpoint issues across multiple PC's and browsers to flowing link. Other links have given this issue, but I don't have those at hand.
  • Disabling Kaspersky Password manager in Edge, chrome and Brave solves the issue.

Hello @Ole-Christian Henriksen

Welcome!

1. Please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service. On the support page: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request browser debug logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

2 hours ago, ludovicoleo said:

I have the same problem. I can confirm. It triggers.

Hello @ludovicoleo

Welcome!

1. Please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service. On the support page: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request browser debug logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• 4 weeks later...
  • Solution
On 10/15/2023 at 1:21 PM, Ole-Christian Henriksen said:

I can confirm this Issue. I'm also getting status_breakpoint issues across multiple PC's and browsers to flowing link. Other links have given this issue, but I don't have those at hand. Disabling Kaspersky Password manager in Edge, chrome and Brave solves the issue.
I'm using  Kaspersky Total Security.

On 10/16/2023 at 8:28 PM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Ole-Christian Henriksen

Welcome!

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

On 10/23/2023 at 5:41 PM, ludovicoleo said:

I have the same problem. I can confirm. It triggers.

This is due to a database issue. I just received the new database today and corrected it. I don't know if they pushed it to me early due to my support case or not, but was told the version is scheduled for release in January. 

34 minutes ago, skiiwee29 said:

This is due to a database issue. I just received the new database today and corrected it. I don't know if they pushed it to me early due to my support case or not, but was told the version is scheduled for release in January. 

Hello @skiiwee29

Thank you for the update!

1. Please share the actual version # with the Community, on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

6 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @skiiwee29

Thank you for the update!

1. Please share the actual version # with the Community, on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

23.1.0.192 / 1698424656_7449 / 1.1.0.2_1 is the new version. 

15 minutes ago, skiiwee29 said:

23.1.0.192 / 1698424656_7449 / 1.1.0.2_1 is the new version. 

Hello @skiiwee29,

Thank you for confirming the 23.1.0.192 / 1698424656_7449 / 1.1.0.2_1 version. We have the same: 

💥Kaspersky's What's new, for 23.1.0.192 / 1698424656_7449 / 1.1.0.2_1 version has a date of Jul 20, 2023 - ID 256490

kpm-version.thumb.jpg.5a5ff7bcde6f52ded1375aaa0ccc4b3f.jpg

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Like 1