KIS "renewal" was actually a Total Security purchase

Today Kaspersky Internet Security popped up on my PC screen with the news that it would expire in 30 days and that I could renew it (and save “up to 20%”) by clicking on the big red “Renew Now” button. Here’s that, in Italian.

I did, and was taken to the Renewal page. After clicking all the buttons and paying, I discovered I had not renewed Kaspersky Internet Security but had purchased, for the first time. Kaspersky Total Security.  I wasn’t paying enough attention and was foolled by the “Renew” (Rinnovo) badge.

So, it cost me 20% more than what I thought I was renewing. Well done, Kaspersky sales  department! I’Il remember this next year.

The only other immediate downside (for me, the client)  is I received an email welcoming me to Kaspersky and inviting me to create a password to “access the client area”. The link in the email goes to a page telling me, cryptically, to “insert your log-in to receive your password”. But I already have a MyKaspersky account, where my KIS is passing it’s final 30 days before expiring, never to be renewed. Could that mean that I’ve got a brand new Kaspersky account for my brand new purchase? Or is Kaspersky telling me to create a new password for my existing account?

Hello @nicoret

Welcome!

• Unfortunately, the price issue, is a common complaint about Kaspersky’s auto-renew policy
  • Buried in their product information small print, they explain it as follows:

“Renewal prices are subject to change, additional online offers & discounts may be available at the time of your renewal which cannot be applied to your subscription.”

• (imo), contact Kaspersky Support, tell them, through no fault of yours, the wrong product has been purchased, you wish for a refund so you can purchase KIS. 
  • On the contacts page, select your location, select HELP WITH PURCHASING AND ACTIVATION, select from available options: ONLINE CHAT (not available all locations) PHONE (not available all locations), SUBMIT A REQUEST - via your MyKaspersky account: 

How to request a refund for a Kaspersky application

• Regarding the second issue “create a password to “access the client area”, from the images, a 2 User account KTS license has been purchased; 2 user accounts = 2 MyKaspersky accounts & 2 KPM vaults; it’s possible the email is related to the dual user account feature of the license; irrespective, Technical Support will be able to assist. 

Please let us know the outcome? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 2 weeks later...