Kaspesky Lab Launcher "avp.exe" is using excess CPU/Memory resources

Since update to the latest version, my computer is slowing down substantially.  Especially when I open Outlook or open a browser (Firefox or Chrome), the power usage would jump to as very high and the CPU would be up to 60%.

Kaspesky Lab Launcher "avp.exe" is using excess CPU/Memory resources causing increased fan noise.

Generally the CPU would be around 30% or 40% when I did not have anything open or running.

I am running Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems and I am a paid customer of Kaspersky Internet Security.

Please advise how to fix this problem.

9 hours ago, Mohammed Mansoor said:

Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems, Kaspersky Internet Security -> since update to the latest version, my computer is slowing down substantially.  Especially when I open Outlook or open a browser (Firefox or Chrome), the power usage would jump to as very high and the CPU would be up to 60%.

Kaspersky Lab Launcher "avp.exe" is using excess CPU/Memory resources causing increased fan noise.

Generally the CPU would be around 30% or 40% when I did not have anything open or running.

1. Please advise how to fix this problem.

Hello @Mohammed Mansoor

1. Kaspersky Internet Security has been replaced by Kaspersky's *new* generation software, (you) may wish to upgrade to Kaspersky Standard, the upgrade is free, please read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ, by Danila T.; the download is available at: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product
  2. Then recheck the: 'computer slowing down / power usage / CPU / Memory' issues - do they persist? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Kaspersky Internet Security
  • Like 2