Kaspersky reports are not working.

Go to solution Solved by User303,

So I have recently installed Kaspersky internet security on my computer, after the install it detected some trojan (nyss.exe, process1.exe) and asked to disinfect and reboot. which I did, now when I want to view reports it just hangs at the report windows with some overlapping UI elements, I tried everything cleanup disk defrag troubleshooting etc. , quick scan hasn’t detected anything and full scan would apparently take 20+ hours, which I don’t have, I even cleared the reports then at-least the report window didn’t freeze, but as soon as I got one log(update log) opening that tab immediately freezes the window, I don’t know what to do now. And some weird things also happened recently Kaspersky trying to update and then randomly showing databases have not been updated for a long time, even though it does it regularly, scans getting stuck at 1% and not showing remaining time. I don’t want to format my HDD and its a busy machine so I can’t afford the hassle, Please help me.

Kaspersky Internet Security( Version 21.3.10.391 a)

Computer: Dell Inspiron 3541 4GB Ram, 500 gigs hard drive.

I am very sorry, I sent the wrong file here is the one

Hello,

According to autoruns report log, your system is clean. You don’t worry about the malware infection problem. If you feel some strange place, Please let me know.

BTW. I think the 7zip application should be updated via https://www.7-zip.org/ . Uninstall the old one and install the new build.

Regards.

• Solution

Thank you sir for your help, I am glad to hear my pc is not infected. Coming to the problem of the report. I have fixed it. The trojan that KIS disinfected had altered my environment variables, changing my temp directory to its parent directory which KIS deleted possibly during disinfection. I restored it and the report app can now write the data into the directory and I can view reports. I noticed one more thing that KIS wasn't able to launch itself some time ago I believe it was caused because of improper shutdown from my end. But I am still going to reinstall the product once I have a leave from my office. Just to be safe. As always thank you.

-Sam