Kaspersky protection Chrome plugin mess [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello,

for some reason recently (last few week or two) as an addition to my Kaspersky protection vesrion 20 which is green and works as expected, I got version 30 that stays grey, and … version 4 (the hexagon with the eye icon) in my chrome browser.

Very similar to this thread:

https://community.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-internet-security-13/kaspersky-protection-extension-not-functioning-correctly-5995

I have Kaspersky Internet Security 19.0.0.1088(k) and 

google chrome Version 79.0.3945.117 (Official Build) (64-bit)

and Windows 10 Version 1909 (latest).

I restored from a backup that I have of my OS (created like 4 months ago) but after the restore the other 2 Kaspersky protection plugins continue to appear in chrome after few hours (coming with some update from Kaspersky I believe).

Can someone tell me what is this all about, and more importantly, someone look at it as I believe it affects not only me.

Maybe...and that’s one big MAYBE, what’s happening is that version 30 ?!? coming with Kaspersky internet security 20 ?!?, as for IE it’s the same gray Kaspersky shield gives these details:

Name:                   Kaspersky Protection
Publisher:              Kaspersky Lab
Type:                   Browser Helper Object
Architecture:           32-bit and 64-bit
Version:                30.253.92.0
File date:              ‎Today, ‎January ‎8, ‎2020, ‏‎2 hours ago
Date last accessed:     ‎Today, ‎January ‎8, ‎2020, ‏‎2 minutes ago
Class ID:              
Use count:              3
Block count:            1
File:                   ie_plugin.dll
Folder:                 C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 20.0\x64\ieext

However, why it is grey, why it doesn’t show how many things it blocked on the site, and why it doesn’t show the options private browsing, anti banner, onscreen keyboard when clicked, remains a mystery for me, and most likely for most of your customers.

And another update from me, removed from chrome the version 30 and version 4...and disabled version 20.

It seems I get the same functionality and protection like if the plugin is enabled (at least the banners and spam advertisements are missing, compared to another PC without Kaspersky) I can personally call it a good functionality, probably provided by KIS itself, but then do we need Kaspersky Protection plugin at all? 

You should agree it’s a mess.

Hello FLOOD, thanks for replying,

yes one of the 3 Kaspersky protection plugins that appeared in my chrome browser was with a green hexagon with eye in the middle (the icon) and the version was 4.something

The icon looked exactly like the one posted in the thread I linked in my first post.

Unfortunately as I stated, I deleted the 2 extensions (ver30 and ver4), so can’t give more details for this now, but the version was 4. something for sure.

And by gray, I mean this...version 30 always stayed gray in chrome, and in IE.

• Solution

Hello  @Nikiangel,

⚠ Regarding "why it is grey, why it doesn’t show how many things it blocked on the site, and why it doesn’t show the options private browsing, anti banner, onscreen keyboard when clicked", Kaspersky Protection Extension (KPE) is not working⚠

• 🅰For KPE, there should never be multiple extensions/addons.
  • 🅱 Is there a reason you're using KIS19?

Your Topic is similar to  Ladybeetle’s except, (for you), KPE is not working in multiple browsers, (imo), the best way to resolve this is as follows:

1Windows:

C:\Windows\Temp        

• delete everything in Temp, there may be a few files/folders requesting “Admin permission”, grant the permission, & there may be a few files/folders “In use”, select Skip.

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Temp    

• delete everything in Temp, there may be a few files/folders requesting “Admin permission”, grant the permission, & there may be a few files/folders “In use”, select Skip.

2Chrome

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\    

• copy folder Default to the Desktop. 

chrome://settings/reset 

• run Chrome Reset & Cleanup - allow it to complete.
  • Close Chrome, do not reopen atm. 
  •  Windows, Programs & Features, uninstall Chrome

3KIS - 1

• Tools, Clean & Optimize, run Privacy Wizard, select all recommended and strongly recommended actions - allow the Privacy Wizard to complete.
  • Windows, Programs & Features, uninstall  KIS, save License information only
  • Shutdown computer using full Shutdown, not Restart.
  • Restart computer, login

KIS - 2

• Download new KIS, apart from using a browser to download KIS do not have any browsers open atm.
  • Install & configure KIS.
  • Run KIS manual Database update - allow it to complete. 
  • Run KIS manual Full scan - allow it to complete. 
  • Open Chrome brower, check KPE version & colour?  
  • Open IE browser,  check KPE version & colour?  

❓ If Chrome / IE KPE grey problem persists😥 , let me know please? 

❔ If Chrome/IE problem resolves👍, please let me know?

Alternative to the above, if KIS is licensed, you may wish to contact Kaspersky Techical Support, the Support team will request a GSI & Windows Logs, images, full history & may request Traces run as the issue is replicated, they will guide you with the necessary steps. After the issue is logged you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digit reference number, you may continue to communicate with the Kaspersky Technical Team via reply email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account. 

Thank you🙏