Kaspersky Premium - Unlimited VPN

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Last year I bought a 2 year, 10 devices Kaspersky Premium and share it with my husband.  Until now he has used a VPN from a different vendor but, when it recently expired, I told him our Kaspersky Premium contained an unlimited VPN.  However, my version of Kaspersky Premium shows unlimited but, despite us both showing version 21.17.7.539 his is restricted to 300Mb per day.  He has his own My Kaspersky account (to enable us to have separate Password Manager databases).  How can he get unlimited VPN?

Regards

Fergus

4 hours ago, Fergus said:

Last year I bought a 2 year, 10 devices Kaspersky Premium and share it with my husband.  Until now he has used a VPN from a different vendor but, when it recently expired, I told him our Kaspersky Premium contained an unlimited VPN.  However, my version of Kaspersky Premium shows unlimited but, despite us both showing version 21.17.7.539 his is restricted to 300Mb per day. 

He has his own My Kaspersky account (to enable us to have separate Password Manager databases). 

How can he get unlimited VPN?

Hello @Fergus

Welcome!

Sadly, on the Kaspersky Premium shared subscription he can't, the information is hidden in the shopping cart: VPN for 1 user account on all devices.

image.thumb.png.d247576bdea8403b395ecec56e3b1777.png

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Solution
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Fergus said:

I do not need to use a VPN so is there a way to give it to him or can he buy a Kaspersky VPN on it's own?

Hello @Fergus

Thank you for posting back!

There is https://www.kaspersky.com/vpn-secure-connection - however - (ioo) economically, it would be a waste for (your) husband to buy a *new* subscription for the stand-alone Premium VPN. 

The subscription is based on the email that was used when (you) purchased it, IF (you) sign OUT of the VPN with that email address & (your) husband signs IN with that same email address - that *should* work - that does mean (your) husband has access to the same email address for (your) MyKaspersky account but *not* your Kaspersky Password Manager MASTER password vault & OR KPM cloud - unless - he knows *your* KPM MASTER password. 

Change the following in (your) Kaspersky VPN: 

image.thumb.png.50399dddca9289429aafabf0b46fa057.png 

image.thumb.png.0e361ebe486c5ab83893c11de17601e2.png

image.thumb.png.8717eda62fbc1ed8de02dddddefa534b.png

& in (your) Kaspersky Premium, go to Interface Settings, select Configure notifications

image.thumb.png.a51788baeb33f8028725db1c33b64e91.png

*uncheck* VPN - for both columns - as shown - select OK, select Save, select Confirm:  

image.thumb.png.a9da11efc767c3e7dec78b727601ad17.png

Any issues or concerns please post back? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
rewrote instructions for last image

Thank you so much for your responses.  We'll follow your instructions later today and get back to you to let you Know how it goes.

Regards

Fergus

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much - that worked.  My husband now has unlimited VPN.  You wouldn't happen to know how to download it to his Firesticks - would you?  We tried ourselves but didn't manage it.  Would we download Kaspersky Premium for Android and use my Kaspersky account to login and would he get unlimited VPN?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fergus said:
  1. Thank you so much - that worked.  My husband now has unlimited VPN. 
  2. You wouldn't happen to know how to download it to his Firesticks - would you?  We tried ourselves but didn't manage it. 
  3. Would we download Kaspersky Premium for Android and use my Kaspersky account to login and would he get unlimited VPN?

Hello @Fergus

You're most welcome! 

1. That's excellent, good work! We're delighted to read this!
  2. Use OpenVPN, read: How to set up VPN in third-party clients - done via the MyKaspersky account portal.
  3. After setting up the OpenVPN, you would then do these steps & yes, as long as he is using the email that the subscription was purchased with - that has Unlimited VPN for 10 devices. 

Any issues or concerns please post back? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋