Kaspersky Cache

Kasperov
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hi, yesterday I had problem with Kaspersky Lab Launcher taking 30% of cpu for a long time, & first thing that came to my mind was to delete KIS cache, I searched about it but got nothing worthy. The problem with Lab Launcher solved on its own, but generally I want to know, is it ok to delete cache folder's content (c:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Bases\Cache\)? & does it help with potential problems or freeing up some space?

Thanks

Hello @Kasperov

Welcome back!

1. c:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Bases\Cache\should only be around - 360+-MB; that's not a lot of "space"; is it larger on your system? 
  2. What are the device OS version & build & specs
  3. Does "Kaspersky Lab Launcher taking 30% of cpu for a long time"; mean the issue has been happening for a LONG TIME; it's not a NEW issue? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Thanks @Flood and Flood's wife

Its 430MB. Its not very large, but generally speaking, is it ok to delete its content, or better to leave it as is.

Windows 10 latest version, the Lab launcher only happened yesterday for 1-2 hours & solved itself after couple of reboots. I left the pc with google chrome playing youtube for long time, maybe that caused the issue?!

Thanks

• Solution

Hello @Kasperov

Advice from @Igor Kurzin

?There's no point deleting c:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Bases\Cache\. ?Leave this folder alone

• IF there's no active running scan task or no active background write-read operations on the disk, contact Support

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1