Kaspersky blocks Firefox's automatic update

My device is a Mac (Sonoma 14.6.1). I have attached a screenshot of my Kaspersky application version.

I only managed to update my browser by temporarily turning protection off. Otherwise, something seems to stop the download. The update progress bar in the Firefox settings gets stuck after downloading a few kilobytes, and does not progress, even if I restart the browser and try again.

Once I turned Kaspersky protection off entirely, the download immediately continued, and I was able to update the browser as normal, before turning protection back on again. I now have the latest version of Firefox.

This was not an issue before, and has only started happening since I downloaded the latest version of the Kaspersky application.

Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 14.00.14.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2024 at 2:09 PM, shadow-11 said:

My device is a Mac (Sonoma 14.6.1). I have attached a screenshot of my Kaspersky application version.

I only managed to update my browser by temporarily turning protection off. Otherwise, something seems to stop the download. The update progress bar in the Firefox settings gets stuck after downloading a few kilobytes, and does not progress, even if I restart the browser and try again.

Once I turned Kaspersky protection off entirely, the download immediately continued, and I was able to update the browser as normal, before turning protection back on again. I now have the latest version of Firefox.

This was not an issue before, and has only started happening since I downloaded the latest version of the Kaspersky application.

Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 14.00.14.png

Update:

Here is what the problem looks like in the Firefox browser settings. It gets stuck loading here, and doesn't continue.

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 08.39.09.png

On 8/21/2024 at 4:09 PM, shadow-11 said:

3 hours ago, shadow-11 said:

Update:

Here is what the problem looks like in the Firefox browser settings. It gets stuck loading here, and doesn't continue.

On 9/4/2024 at 2:31 AM, Pandonus said:

me too
my mac can't update firefox when kaspersky protection on
when disabled protection firefox can update success.

my macOS Sonoma version 14.6.1 (23G93)

Hello @shadow-11 & @Pandonus

Welcome & apologies for delay responding to your posts😔

Exit Firefox, in Kaspersky, select General, select Protection - *uncheck* Check secure connections - start Firefox, does Firefox update successfully? 

IF 'yes', we'd like you to submit the issue to Kaspersky please - a conflict b/w Standard & Firefox is not normal, & the *workaround* is more to test IF the issue resolves rather than provide an *actual* solution.... 

Please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service  - https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  - 
on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in the template as shown; please include a *detailed history* Support may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you:  

image.thumb.png.b5f341e9528e9322f7aba6f027ee915e.png

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋