Kaspersky 2fa only option SMS or Authenticator apps to access Anti-Theft web panel?

So, there's a obvious logic issue here that chocks me the fact that i didn't found anything related searching on Google before i decide to come here.

How do you only offer mobile device 2fa options* (sms or authenticator apps) to access the web panel for anti theft, which the use case is mostly in cases where you indeed DON'T HAVE the mobile device?

If my mobile is stolen at any circunstance and i'm interested in any of the Kaspersky anti-theft options on the web panel, what's the logic here on asking for authentication methods based on mobile device? What disappoints me is the fact that i found out this inconsistence by chance, and I would probably be helpless by a service i pay for assisting me over this kind of situation if i had been robbed.

Ok, beside this, i have another question here, which is: how to setup the fast logon on my account setting of web interface?

image.png.77a6697f554242482bdc7d561be29aac.png

The description here of the "fast logon section" is something like:
"Add services for fast logon
Login in your account even fastly, in any device.
add (button)"

Everytime i try to add devices on this "fast logon" (which is the case basically of my personal desktop), i get redirected to another screen with login infos, with no clear description of what i've got to do.

image.png.75764cbbcbf462748ef355cffd31f245.png

* I tried to find desktop authentication apps, but all of them are dysfunctional.

3 hours ago, lAlterado said:
  1. So, there's a obvious logic issue here that chocks me the fact that i didn't found anything related searching on Google before i decide to come here.
  2. How do you only offer mobile device 2fa options* (sms or authenticator apps) to access the web panel for anti theft, which the use case is mostly in cases where you indeed DON'T HAVE the mobile device?
  3. If my mobile is stolen at any circumstance and I'm interested in any of the Kaspersky anti-theft options on the web panel, what's the logic here on asking for authentication methods based on mobile device?
  4. What disappoints me is the fact that i found out this inconsistence by chance, and I would probably be helpless by a service i pay for assisting me over this kind of situation if i had been robbed.
  5. How to setup the fast logon on my account setting of web interface?

Hello @lAlterado

Welcome!

• ?Why have you raised duplicate topics? How are we supposed to read screen prints in your language; your translations don't make sense & the "desktop authentication apps are dysfunctional", they're not; if yours are, & you have a subscription license, contact support. 
  1. We'll take that as a comment, to us it shows you should come to Kaspersky Community or Kaspersky support first, that's commonsense. 
  2. (A) setup authentication codes on multiple devices. (B) IF (your) mobile is stolen or missing, the management of the Anti-theft features are done via (your) MyKaspersky account, which you can log into from *any* other device - that's why, once you activate ANTI-THEFT don't select DISCONNECT in (your) MyKaspersky account - you'll stop the mobile talking to (your) MyKaspersky account & then you will have a massive problem.
  3. Read 2. 
  4. Your understanding of the Anti-theft feature & 2FA is incorrect, read the documentation *and* AFTER you set-up 2FA & Anti-theft - practice / learn how it works with a *soft* option, like ALARM or MUGSHOT - not Wipe Data, get used to Anti-theft - so - if your mobile is ever really stolen you know exactly how to use the recovery options. You don't want to be learning the procedures when there is a real emergency. Read every now & learn everything now. 
  5. READ: 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

8 horas atrás, Flood and Flood's wife disse:

Hello @lAlterado

Welcome!

• ?Why have you raised duplicate topics? How are we supposed to read screen prints in your language; your translations don't make sense & the "desktop authentication apps are dysfunctional", they're not; if yours are, & you have a subscription license, contact support. 
  1. We'll take that as a comment, to us it shows you should come to Kaspersky Community or Kaspersky support first, that's commonsense. 
  2. (A) setup authentication codes on multiple devices. (B) IF (your) mobile is stolen or missing, the management of the Anti-theft features are done via (your) MyKaspersky account, which you can log into from *any* other device - that's why, once you activate ANTI-THEFT don't select DISCONNECT in (your) MyKaspersky account - you'll stop the mobile talking to (your) MyKaspersky account & then you will have a massive problem.
  3. Read 2. 
  4. Your understanding of the Anti-theft feature & 2FA is incorrect, read the documentation *and* AFTER you set-up 2FA & Anti-theft - practice / learn how it works with a *soft* option, like ALARM or MUGSHOT - not Wipe Data, get used to Anti-theft - so - if your mobile is ever really stolen you know exactly how to use the recovery options. You don't want to be learning the procedures when there is a real emergency. Read every now & learn everything now. 
  5. READ: 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

1- Did you see any answer on the original topic on my language forum?
Yeah, thats why i raised duplicate topic.
Also, i literally translated what's shown in the printscreens AND has connection with the topic i'm describing here. If you think it doesn't make sense, then you are not able to understand basic login infos in your account settings.

That's not my fault then.

2- I didn't ever hit DISCONNECT and I have to authenticate my session everytime i try to log into my Kaspersky account.

3- As i said, your assumption here is just incorrect.

4- No, its not incorrect. The anti-theft system's design is pretty basic and easy to understand.
Are you telling me i need to "read the documentation" to stablish a reliable session on my desktop that doesn't require 2fa on mobile device when it's exactly the point that brings me here? Lol, you must be joking.
Google and Samsung have almost the same options that Kaspersky offers on Anti-theft panel and, look how magical is that, i don't need to authenticate my session everytime i log into my account.
That's magic, isn't it? Imagine if Kaspersky just could do that ?

5- Funny, you send some random stuff like i haven't googled it or searched on Kaspersky blog posts before.
By the way, they say exactly what i'm describing here. I think you should read some things before answer as you have adversatives when you are just wrong about it.

image.thumb.png.983fbef5dad08ea7ace90b05c8680c74.png

"Se seu número de telefone se tornar inacessível, você não será capaz de efetuar o login no My Kaspersky" = "[...on the case you have been done the 2fa on your account...]if your mobile device becomes unreachable, you won't be able to login on "My Kaspersky" = THE EXACTLY POINT I'M BRINGING HERE ?

6- Plus info: For several I.T. security reasons, SMS isn't a reliable authentication resource. So it's something Kaspersky should refactor too, but it's subject for another topic.

45 minutes ago, lAlterado said:
  1. I have to authenticate my session every time i try to log into my Kaspersky account.
  2. I didn't ever hit DISCONNECT
  3. "Se seu número de telefone se tornar inacessível, você não será capaz de efetuar o login no My Kaspersky" = "[...on the case you have been done the 2fa on your account...]if your mobile device becomes unreachable, you won't be able to login on "My Kaspersky" = THE EXACTLY POINT I'M BRINGING HERE ?

Hello @1alphawork

You're most welcome!

1. Have you configured 2FA - yes or no? IF the answer is YES, then "I have to authenticate my session every time i try to log into my Kaspersky account." is NORMAL!
  2. Regarding 2. No, we are *not saying you have done this* we were saying & are saying, once 2FA is configured (in your MyKaspersky account) it's not a good idea to select the DISCONNECT option, otherwise the phone & (your) MyKaspersky account will not be able to speak with one another. 
  3. Re "Se seu número de telefone se tornar inacessível, você não será capaz de efetuar o login no My Kaspersky", Is that the current / existing problem - yes or no?  IF the answer is YES, & IF you have a Kaspersky subscription license, not Kaspersky Free, Trial or Beta, contact Kaspersky support:  Entrar em contato com o Suporte Técnico

Thank you?
Flood?+?