Is service shut off for the USA?

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I think this has been going on for weeks now, and today I realized when I try to scan, the "Please check your internet connection." error occurs on both my Windows 10 desktop and my Windows 11 laptop. I reinstalled on my Windows 10 desktop, and it still gives the same error. On my Windows 11 laptop, I tried to tether off my phone, and got the same error too. I noticed Kaspersky has stopped selling all products in the US, and I wonder if this is the reason? Or is there any fix?

I trust Kaspersky as all my relatives back in China still use it, and in my opinion, one of the best antivirus applications out there, but would be no use if I can't get it working.

Screenshot2024-09-21184134.thumb.png.cbcb7bf99102f22b4714e082e5bf71e1.png

I imagine it falls into the same category as the anti-virus

https://support.kaspersky.com/us/faq/2024-us-sales-statement

Recently, the US Department of Commerce prohibited the sale and distribution of Kaspersky software in the United States.

To comply, we must limit the availability and functionality of our products and services for US customers.

• Like 1

• Solution
1 hour ago, Sunny5835 said:
  • Is service shut off for the USA?

I think this has been going on for weeks now, and today I realized when I try to scan, the "Please check your internet connection." error occurs on both my Windows 10 desktop and my Windows 11 laptop. I reinstalled on my Windows 10 desktop, and it still gives the same error. On my Windows 11 laptop, I tried to tether off my phone, and got the same error too. I noticed Kaspersky has stopped selling all products in the US, and I wonder if this is the reason? Or is there any fix?

I trust Kaspersky as all my relatives back in China still use it, and in my opinion, one of the best antivirus applications out there, but would be no use if I can't get it working.

Hello @Sunny5835

Welcome!

According to: Guide on Kaspersky software availability in the United States, *AFTER* September 30th, 2024, there will not be any Kaspersky services available in the US. 

Starting from September 29, Kaspersky antivirus and cybersecurity products will be limited in functionality. Limitations will be implemented gradually, starting from September 10 through to September 29.

Kaspersky will be prohibited from providing product updates to US customers, including antivirus signature and codebase updates.

Security apps will be disconnected from Kaspersky Security Network, which will limit the operation of some product features. Please see below to learn more about what features are dependent on Kaspersky Security Network and will become unavailable.

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋