Is it safe to install the Kaspersky Antivirus Premium that owned by my friend.

Hi Guys, one of my friend owned the Kaspersky Antivirus Premium account which supported multiple devices. He told me currently he have 1 spot for my device to register under his licensed account. May I know is it safe? Will he able to gain control to my device if I install the Antivirus application is under his licensed account. I worried he will able to gain access to my device once my device is registered under his account.

The application will be installed from the official site but I'm using the license code he provided to me.

Kindly provide me some advices regarding on this. Thanks!

• 4 months later...
On 10/26/2023 at 11:32 AM, harlan4096 said:

Welcome to Kaspersky Community.

No... from My Kaspersky service, you can manage some actions over the devices where K. Premium it is installed: run scans, run signatures updates, also get warnings if some modules of the product are disabled, etc.

If he can run scans on my computer, can he see my file paths? 

1 hour ago, LeZob said:

Hello @LeZob

Welcome!

Read About Shared Protection package

"The subscription owner can manage the security of other's devices from his or her account on My Kaspersky. For example, the subscription owner can view information about the security status of the devices, remotely start a scan on the devices, renew the subscription. Summarized information about the security of devices with shared protection is displayed in the Summary section. The subscription owner does not have access to bank cards or other private data of users, with whom he or she have shared subscription."

(ioo) Summarized information - indicates the information available to the subscription *owner* would not be detailed, i.e. would not show the file paths. 

-> IF in doubt - ask him to share the subscription, run the scan, check what he can see, if you're unhappy about it, don't use his shared subscription. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

*Shared Protection* resources

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added Shared protection resource library
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LeZob disse:

As far as I know, there is no way to see the files that are being digitized.

The image informs that I am scanning through My Kaspersky and I do not see what is being scanned.

image.thumb.png.a4b2ccdd49d67c42ee9713f3398b4f3b.png

• Like 1