Is enabling Kaspersky Hardware Virtualization worth it?

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

In Kaspersky Premium there is an option for use hardware virtualization if available. I was wondering what exactly this feature does, the only public info I can find about it is that it helps protect your input when using Kaspersky safe browser, but is it worth it to disable Hyper-V and the Memory Integrity features in favor of Kaspersky hardware virtualization? Does it also provide some additional protection that makes it more viable than these options? I also use some Hyper-V specific features such as WSL2, but I can live without these if hardware virtualization is better.

image.png

• Solution
27 minutes ago, megala said:
  • In Kaspersky Premium there is an option for use hardware virtualization if available.
  • I was wondering what exactly this feature does, the only public info I can find about it is that it helps protect your input when using Kaspersky safe browser, but is it worth it to disable Hyper-V and the Memory Integrity features in favor of Kaspersky hardware virtualization?
  • Does it also provide some additional protection that makes it more viable than these options?
  • I also use some Hyper-V specific features such as WSL2, but I can live without these if hardware virtualization is better.

Hello @megala

Welcome!

It's not necessarily a matter of 'better or worse', it's personal choice. 

About protection through hardware virtualization in Kaspersky applications

About protection using hardware virtualization.

About protection of data entered on the computer keyboard.

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1