I just switched from Nordpass to Kaspersky Password Manager, I like it but...

Hello, 

I would like to express my opinion on the product in hope that it will inherit some of Nordpass features that I miss.

First of all, i had a problem when trying to import my passwords from Nordpass to Kaspersky, So I ended up manually importing all data took me lots of time.

Kaspersky PM should support creating Passkeys like Nordpass is doing

Kaspersky PM should fix the issue of having to create a new entry for an App (like if i have a spotify android app and spotify Desktop app, i have to make 2 entries for the same thing 😞 not good)

Kaspersky PM on android have a problem not showing the right password when trying to log in into an app, even if i create a new password info while choosing (App) as an entry

I use Kaspersky PM on windows and its working fine with websites but not with the apps.

I like the vault feature something that Nordpass dont have or you have to pay more for it (no thank you!)

So I hope these things will be fixed this next few months, Cuz i dont want to switch back to Nordpass. 

12 hours ago, BBRR said:
  • i had a problem when trying to import my passwords from Nordpass to Kaspersky.

Kaspersky PM should support creating Passkeys like Nordpass is doing

Kaspersky PM should fix the issue of having to create a new entry for an App (like if i have a spotify android app and spotify Desktop app, i have to make 2 entries for the same thing 😞 not good)

Kaspersky PM on android have a problem not showing the right password when trying to log in into an app, even if i create a new password info while choosing (App) as an entry

I use Kaspersky PM on windows and its working fine with websites but not with the apps.

I like the vault feature something that Nordpass dont have or you have to pay more for it (no thank you!)

So I hope these things will be fixed this next few months, Cuz i dont want to switch back to Nordpass. 

Hello @BBRR

Welcome back!

1. KPM supports importing logins and passwords from the latest versions of the following applications that were available when *Kaspersky Password Manager was released* -> *2009 = 15 years ago*: LastPass, KeePass, Dashlane, 1Password, and Norton Identity Safe 2014 (included in the latest version of Norton Security). Reference: Import and export data

2. Re Passkeys, as an *alternative*, Use Authenticator OR Windows & Android Fingerprint authentication. 

3. Re Spotify, refer to our image: 
1. Spotify is browser - not app. 
2. Spotify app - only needs to be created *once* - the same app works on Windows & Android. 
3. The same password can be used on Spotify Windows & Android.  IF (you're) getting a Duplicate Password check, (you) can switch on / off security checking for a specific password by clicking the bell button to enable / disable.

kpm-spotify.thumb.jpg.989b721a4bf05ff647722023aa150a2a.jpg

⚠️KPM - *automated* Spotify login on Android - you're correct - it does not work - this should *not* be logged with Kaspersky as a *suggestion* - it's an *Application malfuntion*⚠️ 

Please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts - on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Password is not entered automatically template; we recommend taking a video-recording of the issue - if you can & please include any screen images & a *detailed* history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you.  

kpm-android-pwd-not-auto.thumb.png.204f933f54560abd37d8b3c0b73eda43.png

4. Re "Kaspersky PM on android have a problem not showing the right password when trying to log in into an app, even if i create a new password info while choosing (App) as an entry." 

• You have not given enough detail & specific information for anyone to troubleshoot this - which app / apps are giving you trouble (apart from Spotify)? 

5. Re "I like the vault feature - or you have to pay more for it (no thank you!)" 

This is slightly confusing, on the Windows platform - the KPM *vault* is created, in these products: Kaspersky Premium, Kaspersky Plus, Kaspersky Total Security, Kaspersky Security Cloud & *stand-alone* KPM - the KPM *vault* is the source of all the data for the other platforms -> there's no need for a *duplicate* KPM vault to be on MAC, iOS & or Android & it's fully paid for with any of these subscriptions. KPM is also available in the cloud, via (your) MyKaspersky account & the Kaspersky Password Manager extension. 

Kaspersky Free has limited data: About version types. There is no Kaspersky Technical Support for any Kaspersky *Free* software. 

There's also Secret Vault, again on the Windows platform, essentially a highly secure data storage feature - available in Kaspersky Premium, Kaspersky Plus & not available for: MAC, iOS or Android. But - we think you're *not* referring to this.... 

6. Re: "So I hope these things will be fixed this next few months...etc".....

To set some *realistic*expectations*, suggestions / complaints - if they are accepted by the Kaspersky development teams, may take a long time, some time a very long time, to be implemented. 

There's a Suggestions for Kaspersky Password Manager - in the Russian language Forum, that was started in June 2022, that's now 5 pages long. You may also wish to meditate on the fact that if "importing from 3pty password managers" has not changed in 15years, things sometimes happen slowly (ioo), we've lost count of the requests to expand the list of 3pty password managers, despite the many assurances from Kaspersky that they are responsive to their users. 

Things that get fixed *fast* are bugs/conflicts that impact many users - these are rarely submitted to Kaspersky as *Feedback - suggestion/complaint*.

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Added resource
  • Like 1