I have a question regarding execution at startup.

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello. I’m wondering if it’s possible to prevent an application from starting with Windows by double-clicking on it in the Kaspersky > Performance > Current Activity > Startup tab and then adjusting the application rules. The default options provided under Performance > Quick Startup have a limited list of applications to control, so I’m curious if it’s possible to manage applications through the Startup tab.

1 hour ago, openurwindow said:

W10, KPremium

I’m wondering if it’s possible to prevent an application from starting with Windows by double-clicking on it in the Kaspersky > Performance > Current Activity > Startup tab and then adjusting the application rules. The default options provided under Performance > Quick Startup have a limited list of applications to control, so I’m curious if it’s possible to manage applications through the Startup tab.

Hello @openurwindow

Welcome!

Quick Startup has a *limited* list of applications because it's *only* those apps that are starting at boot time -> Kaspersky has designed the Quick Startup tool to enable users to disable any apps in the list that are not essential & or not run daily, that's why it says: Speed up computer at start-up -> please readQuick Startup

1. In (your) computer - is there an application that's starting at start-up, that's not listed ? IF 'yes', please provide more details, name of the app, version?
  2. Which Kaspersky software version? On Windows taskbar *hidden icons*, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About?  
  3. Which Windows 10 & Build, in Windows Search, type WINVER, select the app & post back the winver information please? 
  4. The change that (you're) proposing would need to be submitted via a Feedback, I have a suggestion OR I have a complaint *but* first, let's try to understand a little more about the issue by providing more information please? 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Adjusted Q2 & Q3.
  • Like 1

Hello. First of all, thank you for your response. However, what I wanted to know was not about the software listed in the 'Increase startup speed' tab, but rather if it's possible to disable processes that run in the background when the computer starts. For example, is it possible to prevent processes like 'Process name - estsoft altools update service, provider - estsoft corp' from starting at startup? my build number is 'os build 19045.4780'. and i use windows 10. (To clarify my question further, I want to know if it's possible to prevent the many processes listed under 'Performance > Current Operation > Activity Monitor > Startup Applications' from starting up at boot or during computer use by double-clicking on them and adjusting the settings in the 'Application Rules' tab, which includes options like files, file and system registry, permissions, network rules, exception rules, and logs.)

• Thanks 1

• Solution
27 minutes ago, openurwindow said:

However, what I wanted to know was not about the software listed in the 'Increase startup speed' tab, but rather if it's possible to disable processes that run in the background when the computer starts. For example, is it possible to prevent processes like 'Process name - estsoft altools update service, provider - estsoft corp' from starting at startup? my build number is 'os build 19045.4780'. and i use windows 10. (To clarify my question further, I want to know if it's possible to prevent the many processes listed under 'Performance > Current Operation > Activity Monitor > Startup Applications' from starting up at boot or during computer use by double-clicking on them and adjusting the settings in the 'Application Rules' tab, which includes options like files, file and system registry, permissions, network rules, exception rules, and logs.)

Hello @openurwindow

You're most welcome!

At the registry level, possibly, but, (ioo) there may be an easier way - is the desired outcome to have application *x* run - at all? Manually? On a Schedule? 

Have (you) looked at using Task Manager/Services Startup type & Recovery tab? 

image.thumb.png.b0982d20a7a14c18869162d4944d26d2.png

Please post back?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added Start-up type
  • Like 1