I cannot figure out how to set both a time limit & allowed hours (schedule) in KSK

AdamL007

Hello, I think I'm having an issue with the webui & setting up rules. Initially I had set up a 4 hour block of time my child was allowed to use his cell phone. He banked his time during the day, turned off his wifi at night to get around our home filter and started streaming youtube over cellular burning up a bunch of our metered monthly shared data plan. I logged in today to try and set up device rules to make it so he can't use it from 2200-2400 and 0000-0700 on weekdays and 0000-0700 on weekends. But, it seems I had to remove the original 4 hour block of time? Or does it keep both? If I set the dropdown back to the Block by daily usage setting the four hours are still there. I'm sure I'll find out tonight if it works but I was hoping someone could tell me definitively one way or the other. If it does work the way I'm hoping, maybe redo the interface a bit to indicate you can have both a block of time and a schedule? Thank you either way.

Hello, I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one trying to set 2 limitation criteria based on length and time. I encounter the same limitation as you, ond don't know how to do this. Have you tried a contact with official support ?

All, Kaspersky made changes (March) https://www.kaspersky.com/blog/google-play-permissions-policy/26170/ that impacted KISA & KSK. Further tweaking announced via their blog: Smart control for smart kids, June 17, 2019 https://www.kaspersky.com/blog/smarter-safe-kids/27355/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=kd%20weekly%20digest I think Kaspersky has much work to do to make KSK worth paying for.

• 1 month later...
Hello, I was wondering about the same issue. I don't understand why I can't have a schedule and a time limit at the same time. I know this from other applications and even from my router. I find it inconvenient to set up a schedule and then have to restrict the access time on a per app setting. Any chance that these two settings will be usable in parallel in a future version?

I find it inconvenient to set up a schedule and then have to restrict the access time on a per app setting.
Hello MaGoo, Welcome! (atm) device time limit can be configured by allocating a set amount of: (1) minutes/hours "used" per day (2) minutes/hours "used" per day - by schedule - (available KSK premium version) Additionally - apps can be configured to be used, additional to and irrespective of either 1 or 2. ----
  1. Are you wishing to be able to use (1) and (2) in combination, to manage device time?
Please let me know? Thanks:pray_tone3:.

Hello @FLOOD, thanks for your reply. Yes, I would like to use both settings at the same time. I don't want my kids to use the phone during certain hours of the day and at the same time limit the amount of time she can use the phone during the permitted hours.

I would like to use both settings at the same time. I don't want my kids to use the phone during certain hours of the day and at the same time limit the amount of time she can use the phone during the permitted hours.
Hello MaGoo,
  1. (atm) device use can be limited by hours per day or by schedule:
  1. There are two ways that you can limit device usage for your child:
  2. By hours per day. You can specify how much time your child can use a device. For example, no more than four hours on Monday or six hours on Sunday.
  3. By schedule. You can create a weekly schedule for your child's device and specify time intervals during which device use is forbidden. For example, you might forbid use of the device from 9 AM to 1 PM on weekdays.
  4. You can set up a device use schedule only in the premium version of Kaspersky Safe Kids.
---- Unfortunately, product enhancements and development requests are not processed via the Community portal.
  1. Kaspersky require all of us, to submit any such requests, directly to their Technical Support Team.
  2. Kaspersky technical/business teams review all requests, measure requests again a variety of benchmarks and do whatever passes.
  3. Kaspersky Technical Team will communicate with you regarding any suggestion raised with them.
To contact Technical Support: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c/, choose location, select GENERAL PRODUCT, then choose: OnlineChat (if it's available in your region), Submit a request, .via your MyKaspersky online account, using "I have a suggestion" template, or PHONE & For product enhancements (I would also) enroll in KSK Beta progam. Thanks again and best regards:pray: KSK help documentation

• 3 weeks later...
AdamL007 Rackh MaGoo Sitevnic From: Kaspersky Lab Support: Reply from experts with the latest update stating: "we have plans to release such feature in future builds of KSK. However, they have informed us that they do not have an approximate time frame when the feature will be released in KSK." Sent: Friday, 23 August 2019 12:53

• 4 weeks later...
I’m also interested in this bug or feature. What is a problem to do both?
Hello Nicolay. Welcome! Currently, using both Block by Daily Hours & Block by Schedule together is not available. Parents must use one or the other. Additionally, the Block by Schedule feature is only available with a KSK Premium subscription, the feature is not available in KSK Free. As the Kaspersky Lab Development Team have advised, "we have plans to release such feature in future", unfortunately the Lab does not provide a time frame. Along with the request to make both time features available, is the option to bank time. The more people who contact Kaspersky Technical Support, and raise a "KSK, I have a suggestion" request, the greater the likelihood KSK will be developed to fit real world parents with real world children. Thank you:pray_tone3:.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have a question: “Currently, using both Block by Daily Hours & Block by Schedule together is not available” - is this available in the current premium version?

Thx, Mark

Hello @BobBuzz, Mark,

Welcome!

Yes!

Example of both device Time management & device Time scheduling

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

• 1 year later...

What is the use of these settings on child’s device unable to change these settings especially the downtime schedule.

Hello @Adarsh Patil

Welcome!

1. Which device (manufacturer name) & OS version does (your) child use? 
  2. Which KSK version is installed? 
  3. Is KSK Premium or Free

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Resources:

Hello @Adarsh Patil

You’re most welcome!

Thank you for the information!

1. On the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the KSK icon, select About, tell us the full version number information shown please?
  2. What is the actual problem when you try to change the settings - explain in detail so we understand, what happens, is there an error? 
  3. In your image it shows Allowed hours from before 07:00 to after 22:00, which hours are you trying to configure? 
  4. Have you read the documentation? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

HELLO,

As i have mentioned earlier that  although i have set the time schedule restirction for my kids device it isn’t working at all.

i have tried all the procedure your support system has told me to do including documentation, videos ,forum etc. but its not wirking at all.

this is how i have followed the procedure

mine is premium version

this is my version installed in hp Laptop which my son uses and the app is also installed on the same .
Now I use the Kids option to set the schedule on his device
the desktop mentioned above is selected and went to Device use

and went to setting through Mykaspersky.com account.

and sett as above 4hrs all week days from 13:00 to 17:00

but this is what happens on my kids Device

IT SHOWS THAT THERE IS NO TIME LIMIT TODAY.
 AND HE GOES ON USING THE LAPTOP WITHOUT BREAK.
this is the major issue

apart from that on my mobile also i can not  monitor my kids device.

screen -1

it is showing the device is blocked

Screen 3

Also showing the limits

also showing everything i have blocked sites and apps but there is no sites are blocked at all such as YOUTUBE and all he uses it unrestricted.

but no alerts of internet use
No notification of Apps and games used

and the kids device is showing this

now i hope i have clearly stated my problem. plz guide.

Hello @Adarsh Patil

Thank you for the information!

• In your images, it does not appear as if KSK is installed & or configured correctly, on at least one device🤔 
  • On your device, power OFF & leave OFF for the moment; on your son’s device, on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the KSK icon, select, Settings, sign in with (your) parent profile, select Other, select Manual settings sync → wait for the application to sync → you must see Settings are synced → sign OUT off KSK as the parent profile, SHUTDOWN the device, using SHUTDOWN, not restart, ask your son to login & start using his computer as normal; on your device(s) → power on, login, monitor to see if your son’s computer use is being recorded? IF “no”, log a case with Kaspersky support, either via Chat or Email, fill in Application malfunction, Other template. Support may request you reinstall KSK on all devices, or they may request Logs, Traces & other Data, they will guide you. Also, it may help support if you provide images & or video of the issue. 
  • If selecting Chat option, we recommend you request a copy of the chat transcript, make sure you fill in your email address AFTER the chat is activated by the Chat agent & complete the Verify your email address email AFTER the chat completes.
  • When it’s available, please share the outcome with the Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Resources:

How to remove Kaspersky Safe Kids for Android

Install and uninstall Kaspersky Safe Kids - Windows

Get started on Android