How do I transfer my US KTS license to another region?

Hi,

Due to the upcoming ban of Kaspersky in the USA, I will not be able to receive any updates nor will be able to renew the license once it expires next year. I wonder, is it possible for me to submit a request to change the region from USA to another region, ie. Canada or Latin America? And in this case, can I still use the English version of Kaspersky if the new region speaks a different language?

My wife is russian and she has Kaspersky too, I believe her license may include up to 5 devices but I worry if I use her kaspersky license on my device, the app will not have English language.

4 hours ago, Hall of Famer said:
  • Due to the upcoming ban of Kaspersky in the USA, I will not be able to receive any updates nor will be able to renew the license once it expires next year. 
  • I wonder, is it possible for me to submit a request to change the region from USA to another region, ie. Canada or Latin America? And in this case, can I still use the English version of Kaspersky if the new region speaks a different language?
  • My wife is Russian and she has Kaspersky too, I believe her license may include up to 5 devices but I worry if I use her Kaspersky license on my device, the app will not have English language.

Hello @Hall of Famer

Welcome!

• IF (you) haven't already  - please read post by @MedvedevUnited on behalf of Kaspersky, in topic: US Government Ban on private use of Kaspersky anti-virus & Guide on Kaspersky software availability in the United States
  • Specifically - to address (your) questions, of course you may submit a request, Kaspersky Customer Service facilitates all requests, they are the Kaspersky team best placed to assist, the process & template are at the end of this reply. 
  • Regarding (your) wife's Russian subscription, we *think* IF it's in Russian (for her)  -  IF shared with (you) it will also be in Russian & as far as we understand, another language is not offered as a *default* - however  - there's nothing to stop you/her testing sharing the software / subscription now - at least that way (you'll) be able to confirm IF it's a workable solution OR eliminate it as an option. Before (you) uninstall Kaspersky Total Security (KTS) from (your) computer - make sure the KTS activation code is saved in (your) MyKaspersky account, read: How to find the activation code on My Kaspersky & also keep a copy of the Activation code in a notebook or similar. 
  • We see (your) topic is raised the KTS section  - KTS is Kaspersky's *old* software - it's been replaced by Kaspersky Plus; KTS should be *upgraded* before the ban takes place  - it's easier to do it now, while (you) can. 
  • The upgrade is free & is *like-for-like*, please read:  Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ by Danila T.
  • Kaspersky Plus can be downloaded from: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product.
  • Contacting Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  - on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in the template as shown; please include a *detailed history* & the email address (you) used to purchase the KTS subscription

image.thumb.png.0ac726d1056648e6b927d3b15b73093e.png

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added template

On 7/16/2024 at 8:22 PM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Hall of Famer

Welcome!

• IF (you) haven't already  - please read post by @MedvedevUnited on behalf of Kaspersky, in topic: US Government Ban on private use of Kaspersky anti-virus & Guide on Kaspersky software availability in the United States
  • Specifically - to address (your) questions, of course you may submit a request, Kaspersky Customer Service facilitates all requests, they are the Kaspersky team best placed to assist, the process & template are at the end of this reply. 
  • Regarding (your) wife's Russian subscription, we *think* IF it's in Russian (for her)  -  IF shared with (you) it will also be in Russian & as far as we understand, another language is not offered as a *default* - however  - there's nothing to stop you/her testing sharing the software / subscription now - at least that way (you'll) be able to confirm IF it's a workable solution OR eliminate it as an option. Before (you) uninstall Kaspersky Total Security (KTS) from (your) computer - make sure the KTS activation code is saved in (your) MyKaspersky account, read: How to find the activation code on My Kaspersky & also keep a copy of the Activation code in a notebook or similar. 
  • We see (your) topic is raised the KTS section  - KTS is Kaspersky's *old* software - it's been replaced by Kaspersky Plus; KTS should be *upgraded* before the ban takes place  - it's easier to do it now, while (you) can. 
  • The upgrade is free & is *like-for-like*, please read:  Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ by Danila T.
  • Kaspersky Plus can be downloaded from: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product.
  • Contacting Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  - on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in the template as shown; please include a *detailed history* & the email address (you) used to purchase the KTS subscription

image.thumb.png.0ac726d1056648e6b927d3b15b73093e.png

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Thanks for your comment, I've just managed to email the support team, hopefully can receive a response asap. Unfortunately the live chat does not work for me, I just can never get a human to talk to me, the bot answers the question with completely irrelevant answer and then ends my session. Also if I may ask, how much time do I have left to upgrade Kaspersky Total Security to Kaspersky Plus? Is this something that I have to do urgently within the rest of the week?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hall of Famer said:
  1. Thanks for your comment, I've just managed to email the support team, hopefully can receive a response asap. Unfortunately the live chat does not work for me, I just can never get a human to talk to me, the bot answers the question with completely irrelevant answer and then ends my session.
  2. Also if I may ask, how much time do I have left to upgrade Kaspersky Total Security to Kaspersky Plus?
  3. Is this something that I have to do urgently within the rest of the week?

Hello @Hall of Famer

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the extra questions!

1. Live chat can be used without touching the bot - don't activate the bot. Now that you've sent an email & as long as (you) received an automated email with an incident reference, prefixed with INC000, support will be in touch, it may take a few days, do not worry, be patient - in the meantime - read the Guide & read on please: 
  2. According to Guide on Kaspersky software availability in the United States - September 29th, 2024, however - Kaspersky Customer Service *may* also suggest (you) upgrade - it's better to do it now, it's an easy process: (a) check the KTS activation code is in (your) MyKaspersky account - read: How to find the activation code on My Kaspersky , (b) uninstall KTS, (c) shutdown / reboot the computer, login, (d) download & install Kaspersky Plus: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product, (e), make sure (you) sign into Kaspersky Plus *application* with the same email address as the email address (you) use to sign into (your) MyKaspersky account - so the Kaspersky Plus application *synchronizes* with (your) MyKaspersky account & picks up the activation code. 

IF there's any problems or concerns, please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• 4 weeks later...

Hello good morning
What is the Kaspersky support email?
I have 5 licenses and my children will be traveling to different countries and I think I will have problems activating Kaspersky when they buy their new laptops.
I already have problems with one of them.

57 minutes ago, Angelitos said:

What is the Kaspersky support email?

1. I have 5 licenses and my children will be traveling to different countries and I think I will have problems activating Kaspersky when they buy their new laptops.
  2. I already have problems with one of them.

Hello @Angelitos

Welcome back!

1. Do (you) have 5 license subscriptions OR a subscription for 5 devices? 
  2. Have the licenses already been activated - licenses must be activated in the country of purchase, then they can be used anywhere in the world. 
  3. What are the problems - please provide information? 
  • Contacting Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  - on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in the template as shown; please include a *detailed history

image.thumb.png.2249a2b0f6ef1161c6dc83c5e0873e46.png

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• 1 month later...