Hardware Virtualization Protection stopped working in KAV

MD5
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I'm running KAV 21.3.10.391 (j) on Win 11 22H2 fully updated - AMD x570 - Ryzen 9 5900X

I recently realized that the "Protection using hardware virtualization" KAV option is no longer working. I get the warning "Hardware virtualization is not available. Incompatible hardware or software detected".

I'm sure the feature was previously enabled and working properly.

Could the update from 21H2 to 22H2 be the cause ?

I checked the virtualization settings in the bios and operating system. It is correctly enabled.

If I open Task Manager > Performance I can read Virtualisation: Enabled

2 questions:

Is virtualization of KAV important to increase defense from possible threats ?

Is it possible to re-enable it somehow ?

Thanking in advance for any help!

Edited by MD5

• Solution
28 minutes ago, MD5 said:

I'm running KAV 21.3.10.391 (j) on Win 11 22H2 fully updated - AMD x570 - Ryzen 9 5900X

I recently realized that the "Protection using hardware virtualization" KAV option is no longer working. I get the warning "Hardware virtualization is not available. Incompatible hardware or software detected".

I'm sure the feature was previously enabled and working properly.

Could the update from 21H2 to 22H2 be the cause?

I checked the virtualization settings in the bios and operating system. It is correctly enabled.

If I open Task Manager > Performance I can read Virtualisation: Enabled

2 questions:

Is virtualization of KAV important to increase defense from possible threats?

Is it possible to re-enable it somehow?

Hello @MD5,

Welcome!

Interesting, KAV actually does not have the features that are dependent upon the HV requirements, refer Kaspersky's global website: https://www.kaspersky.com/antivirus; having said that Kaspersky have published KAV, 21.3, Protection using hardware virtualization - for 21H2, not 22H2. Furthermore, there's a working guide (again no KAV, but it's worth checking): About protection through hardware virtualization in Kaspersky applications

IF after checking the guide - the issue remains please log a request with Kaspersky support, so a dedicated resource can be allocated to look at it. On the support page: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Modified resource

Thank you for your detailed response. The suggested links were very helpful!

The problem was due to the Memory integrity feature enabled in the Win 11 Core isolation settings.
Disabling that option solved the problem.

Now KAV Virtualization is active.

To better understand, it's better to use KAV virtualization or Windows integrity safety feature ?
Between the two options, which one is more effective ?

10 minutes ago, MD5 said:

Thank you for your detailed response. The suggested links were very helpful!

The problem was due to the Memory integrity feature enabled in the Win 11 Core isolation settings.
Disabling that option solved the problem.

Now KAV Virtualization is active.

To better understand, it's better to use KAV virtualization or Windows integrity safety feature?
Between the two options, which one is more effective?

Hello @MD5

You're most welcome!

Good work fixing the issue?

For some of the Kav app features to work, hardware virtualization must be enabled, but, it's up to you, look closely at those & also at what's offered via Windows Integrity, then make a choice - sadly it can't be both. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?