Give additional time with out them requesting it.

andye1985

I want to know if i can give my kids extra time with out them having to request it or going in and changing the daily amounts.

for example i gave my kids some more time to play Roblox but they hadn't yet finished, what they were doing but their time was running out and i wanted to extend the time they had asked for how do i do this?

Kind Regard Andrew

1 hour ago, andye1985 said:

I want to know (1) if i can give my kids extra time with out them having to request it or (2) going in and changing the daily amounts.

for example i gave my kids some more time to play Roblox but they hadn't yet finished, what they were doing but their time was running out and i wanted to extend the time they had asked for - how do i do this?

Hello @andye1985

Welcome!

1. Yes, (you) can vary the time without (your) child/ren having to make a request. 
  2. No, *Applications* are managed on an hours a day a child can use an application - if (you) wish to vary the hours, (you) have to manually change the schedule set for the specific application, in the example you've given: Roblox, see image, we've changed Friday to 5 hours: ksk-app-schedule.thumb.jpg.3f3fa14ef4340f4c9ceaecbb2730453e.jpg

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
grammar

On 12/29/2023 at 2:53 AM, andye1985 said:

Thank you very much for that. So for point 1 how do i give additional time to them? So if they have finished their allowance of time for the day how do i add an extra hour on?

Hello @andye1985

You're most welcome!

Sorry for delay, it's taken hours battling with Roblox & KSK, both are horrible apps (ioo). 

In our previous reply, we separated (your) questions - essentially - to make a distinction - that you had already made, as follows:

Number 1 - You wanted to know if you could allocate additional time to your children without them having to make the request - the answer is yes. 

Number 2 - Your question continued:  or going in and changing the daily amounts. To which we answered:

No, if you wish to vary the hours your child/ren use the Roblox application (or any application - (you) must manually change the application schedule. 

What we are saying No to, is there is no way to do this other than to change each *application* schedule manually. 

We included the image of Roblox, with the hours changed for Friday - increased to 5 hours. 

This is based on changing an Application Time Use schedule. 

(3) Now you've added a *new* scenario - the time limit has expired - prior to the expiry -  KSK will send alerts, warning the child time is running out, some applications may give the child/ren an opportunity to ‘request more time’, other apps do not – KSK is a PIA (ioo). Kaspersky needs to fix this dumb application (ioo)

The following image shows what the child may see – as you’ll see – there’s no way for them to ask for permission – via their KSK application 😫

Screenshot_20231230-153726_OneUIHome.thumb.jpg.2f1c2444e1e3fbb648bf0993a91a6615.jpg

1. Post back if (you) are still not clear, but, please tell us what type of device(s) your children are using - it makes a difference to the KSK alerts they may receive?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋