Getting "Settings updated by parents" message every day

mom5boys
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

We’ve been longtime users of Kaspersky Safe Kids.  Three of my kids use ipads for school (all three are iPad Air 2, running software version 14.4.2).  I’m very familiar with the KSK message that pops up and says, “Settings updated by parents,” and requires me to go in and download a new Profile in the ipad before it will allow the kid to continue using the KSK browser.  I encounter this message and go through this Profile download about once a month on their devices (although I’m not really sure why it pops up — it is usually not triggered by me updating any KSK settings since the last time it happened).  But I can deal with doing it once a month.  

But over the last month or so, one of the devices has started to pop up with that message way too often — as often as once a day.  (And I’m not doing anything to the KSK settings on a daily basis that would trigger this).  Of course it usually happens when my son is in the middle of using the browser for a virtual learning class, so it has to be fixed right away before he can continue with his class.  His school is finally starting up some in-person classes again, and I need to get this fixed before it causes disruptions to his school work when he’s at school and I won’t be there to fix it.  Can you suggest a solution?  

Hello @mom5boys

Welcome back☺ !

(ioo), even downloading a new Profile in the ipad before it will allow the kid to continue using the KSK browser, once a month, is too much! 

1. Has a full reset of the KSK browser been done? 
  2. Has KSK been completely uninstalled, including the configuration profile & a clean install been done?  

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Thanks for your help.  No, I haven’t tried these yet.  I’m pretty sure I know how to uninstall/reinstall KSK, but not so sure about reseting the KSK browser.  Are there instructions online for how to do this?  Thanks!

Hello @mom5boys

You most welcome☺ !

🅰 Which KSK version is installed on the iPad Air 2, 14.4.2?.

🅱 Hmmm, good question, sent us on a mission to find “anything” that may help, not a very successful search. 

1. Open Kaspersky Safe Browser (KSB) 
  2. Export KSB Bookmarks 
  3. Upper left hand corner, beside address bar/padlock, select the 3 horizontal lines, select Settings, from there, there should be a suite of Privacy options, cookies, history, site permissions, Reset, etc… they’re the options we’d like you to try… ?
  4. Go to KSK application, clear cache
  5. Uninstall, KSK, including config profile, goal is to completely obliterate KSK. 
  6. Shutdown iOS = full power off, power on, login
  7. Create a brand new profile for (your child) for this iOS  & as a test, in case KSK really has gone haywire, make his birth year 1 yr older or younger than what it actually is; if this method works & gets rid of the popups, we can create a new, correct profile. 
  8. Because there’s a time pressure before F2F classes start again, monitor for 2 or 3 days, to see if “Setup updated by parents” popup continues to arrive on a daily basis, if the popups continue, log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support; make sure they understand, the issue will impact your son’s capacity to fulfill his school obligations; Support will request Logs, Traces, other data, they will guide you, we strongly recommend including a video of the issue; for some reason Support seem to get their heads around issues with video “explainers”, more quickly than just text & images:

9. After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.
  • When feedback from the Kaspersky Technical Team is available, please share it here in the Kaspersky Community? 
  • & please keep us updated with the outcome of the steps done before Support is contacted? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• 2 weeks later...