FTP files uploaded seems to sent fast but got timeout

Hi,

I use a ftp client (I tried different ones). When I upload a file (I tried with different servers), the file seems to be sent very fast. 0 to 100% in less than one second even if it's very large file and the speed connection is given by Mbps. Then, I have to wait to see the file in my destination folder.

Normally, the status show steps in sending depending of the file size and the speed of the connection.

I also often receive a timeout error.

If I disable the kaspersky protection, my file is normally uploaded in it's normal time and no timeout.

How can I do to make my FTP client send files without beeing checked by Kaspersky?

@kabeda Welcome

Try adding the domain of the FTP server you are connecting to Kaspersky's exclusion list ↓

Open Kaspersky's graphical interface
Click on the gear symbol (configuration) in the lower left-hand side of the window
Click on → Security settings
Scroll down (to the bottom) and click → Network settings
Scroll down again (to the bottom) and click → Trusted addresses
In the new window, click → Add
In the domain box, enter the address of the website you want to include in the exclusions
In Status, set it to → Active
Click → Add
Click → Save
Click → Save
Edited by Guilhermesene4096
  • Like 1

Hi,

Thanks for your quick answer. Unfortunately, it doesn't correct my problem. Obviously, I tried once again to disable AV and upload. The problem is still here.

I was too quick in my conclusions to think the VA was the culprit.

• Like 1

Hi,

I think I was mistaken in thinking that the problem was with Kaspersky. The problem is that on two different PCs with Kaspersky, the problem is there (even if I deactivate monitoring) but not on other PCs. The solution would be to completely uninstall Kaspersky and check. I will give my answer after the tests.

• Like 1