Extra charges? for: “Don’t want to leave traces behind on the internet” ["Secure your connection...."]

BEEJAY
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hi all,

I’ve tried contacting Kaspersky with this question, but the email address I was given didn’t work? So my question is. I often get this message flashed up on screen, “Don’t want to leave traces behind on the internet” But is this a chargeable “extra”

Thanks in anticipation.

BeeJay

Hello @BEEJAY

Welcome!

1. Which KTS version & patch(x) is installed → on the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About 
  2. Does the same “Don’t want to leave traces behind on the internet”” issue happen in every Supported browser: Chrome & Edge Chromium & Firefox? 
  3. If the “Don’t want to leave traces behind on the internet” message is coming from KTS, there’s nothing more to pay, if your subscription is current, not expired or, unless it’s an advertisement, offering another product🤔
  4. So we can see what you see, post a full screen image of “Don’t want to leave traces behind on the internet” please? 
  5. KTS includes Password manager → Premium, Safe Kids → Premium & VPN → Standard/Free
  6. Kaspersky VPN Standard/Free is as follows:
  • Automatic selection of remote virtual server.
  • 200mb data daily, increases to 300mb data daily if a one time connection is made to your MyKaspersky account.
  • May be installed on unlimited devices.
  • No Technical Support. 
  • May have advertising.

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

References: 

What is Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection?

About Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection

How to switch to the premium version of Kaspersky Secure Connection

• Solution

Hello @BEEJAY

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for the image, it’s exactly what we needed👏

That popup is “advising”, if you wish, use Kaspersky VPN:

1. KTS includes Password manager Premium, Safe Kids Premium & VPN Standard/Free
  2. Kaspersky VPN Standard/Free is as follows:
  • Automatic selection of remote virtual server.
  • 200mb data daily, increases to 300mb data daily if a one time connection is made to your MyKaspersky account.
  • May be installed on unlimited devices.
  • No Technical Support. 
  • May have advertising.

If you’ve not used a VPN before, try the  Kaspersky VPN Standard/Free version, it’s already installed, when you installed KTS, you may decide: you don’t want to use it, you only want to use the free version or you’d like to upgrade to the Premium version.

To start using the Free VPN, in the popup, select Enable Protection, if you’re not interested, select Not now or Do not show again

Also, on the popup, the tiny blue circled i = information, clicking on that should provide some brief, additional information.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

References: 

What is Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection?

About Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection

How to switch to the premium version of Kaspersky Secure Connection