Expanding the List of Supported Password Manager Exports/Imports?

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I use Roboform and Proton Pass for password/note/login/etc., data for some time.  I tried exporting to .csv format with both, but KPM doesn't import the data.  It reports an error.  I am not inclined to copy over 182 files manually.

While the latter might be a smaller player, the R product is bigger.  I do like to have multiple redundancies when protecting such critical information.  I would also like to test out KPM and compare it to the R product.  The PP product is definitely not as convenient and polished as the R product.  Nonetheless, it did accept an R product .csv export upon import.

Must I open a ticket again to make a suggestion and possibly be denied as I was about the M product warning?  Or are any of you aware that the list of supported competitive PM exports will soon be expanded?  Or is there some trick that I have missed.  I am a newbie.

Apart from the "incompatible app warning" about the M product that can't be dismissed, I am really happy with K Premium.  I really would like to see if the KPM is as good as my primary R product, in which case, I could save some money by switching over to KPM since I am paying for it already.

Please don't flame me.  I mean no offense.  I am trying to learn.

Have a great day.

Regards,
Phil

• Solution
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, garioch7 said:
  • I really would like to see if the KPM is as good as my primary R product, in which case, I could save some money by switching over to KPM since I am paying for it already.
  1. Must I open a ticket again to make a suggestion and possibly be denied as I was about the M product warning? 
  2. Or are any of you aware that the list of supported competitive PM exports will soon be expanded? 
  3. I am a newbie.
  4. Please don't flame me. 
  5. I mean no offense.  I am trying to learn.

Hello @garioch7, Phil, 

Welcome back & also!

1. Not always, however - logging a request, from the Kaspersky side: formally assigns an incident # associated with you/the issue, sends the issue to the department/developer(s) concerned, the developers may see x number of users are requesting the same change & -   even tho - with 'Feedback - I have a suggestion & OR Feedback, I have a complaint' - Kaspersky *close* the incidents & tell YOU, the consumer to "keep an eye out" to see if the request is *ever* processed; so from a consumer point of view it appears to be a futile exercise - there is some logic to it. In the case of KPM, there's a huge KPM topic in the Russian section: Предложения к Kaspersky Password Manager, Suggestions for Kaspersky Password Manager by Alexey Todirash - some guidelines for adding to *that* topic: only write suggestions that have not already been written in the topic, don't write war & peace 2024
  2. The list of *supported* password managers has not changed since 2009 - it's exactly as it says in: Import data from other password managers: "Kaspersky Password Manager supports importing logins and passwords from the latest versions of the following applications that were available when Kaspersky Password Manager was released".
  3. Not any more you're not, your first topic was your *newbie* initiation - you're part of the Community, and a very welcome participant. 
  4. (Personally) we think some of the commentary has been unnecessary & unkind.
  5.  Anyone who takes 'offense' to this topic really needs to get some help; do not worry; the Community does understand your motivation & you are supported. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn
  • Like 1

@Flood and Flood's wife, @Berny,

Thank you for your replies.

Thank you, @Flood and Flood's wife, for your very kind and comprehensive response.  It is not encouraging that the list of supported PM imports has not been enhanced in 15 years.  I am sure that others have proposed the idea, so I will content myself with my other two products and "play" with KPM occasionally.

I commend you, @Flood and Flood's wife, for your immense contributions to this Forum.  Thank you for all you do here to assist the users of the K family of security products. 👍

Have a great day.

Regards,
Phil

• Thanks 1