Error: Unable to Install Profile [Solved][Closed]

mom5boys
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Once in a while when I make changes to my son’s Kaspersky Safe Kids account settings, it will direct me to uninstall the Kaspersky configuration profile from my son’s ipad and then install the new configuration profile.  I’ve done this a number of times in the past and it’s always worked just fine once I install the new profile.  This time it’s not working.  I deleted the Kaspersky profile as directed, then when I go into Kaspersky on the ipad it says “New configuration profile is ready to install.”  I click “Install Profile,” and a box pops up that says “Unable to Install Profile, An error occurred.  Please restart the app and try again.”  I tried restarting the app a couple times, but the same error happened.  So I shut down the ipad and then tried again, and I’m still getting the same error.  I’m really hoping someone can help me get this fixed asap, before my son needs to take his ipad to use at school tomorrow.  Thank you!

Hello @mom5boys,

Welcome back🖐😃 !

• Have you uninstalled KSK, disconnected device in MyKaspersky account,

• shutdown iPad, restarted, downloaded “new” KSK installer, installed,  shutdown iPad, restarted, resynced device with MyK account, rechecked? 
  • Also, may I know:
  1. iPad operating system version?
  2. KSK version?
  3. Free or Licensed?
  4. May I have an image please?

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

🏃🚶🏃🚶🏃😲 !

No, I have just deleted the configuration profile, shutdown the ipad, restarted it, and tried to install the profile again.  Those steps have always worked in the past, so I’m not sure what’s up this time.  I will try to go through all those steps you listed and see.  Thanks.

1. Ipad operating system: 12.4.1
  1. KSK version: subscription
  1. licensed
  1. And attached is a screen shot of the error I am getting.  (You can see when the error appears that there is a lot of text that appears on the screen in the background behind the error window.  There is no apparent way to close the error window and read all that text -- the only way to leave the screen once the error window shows up is to close the KSK app entirely).  

Hello  @mom5boys,

Thank you!

KSK version, it will be something “like” 1.38.0.14. If, on iPad IOS 12.4, you can’t access KSK to find the version, & if KSK is installed on another iOS device, please? 

• Is 

AFTER the steps I provided in my previous post? 

If “yes”, please contact Kaspersky Lab Technical Support, select Location, select Phone (not available all locations), or Online Chat  (not available all locations), or log into your MyKaspersky account & create an incident request (follow my image for the template), include the history, all the info I’ve requested and you’ve provided, steps taken to resolve, images and let them know the “priority” is important/urgent. 

• If you’ve not followed all the steps from my previous reply please do so before escalating. 

Let me know please?

Thank you

Ok, I think I went through most of the steps you listed:  I uninstalled KSK from the ipad, disconnected device in MyKaspersky account, shutdown iPad, restarted, downloaded new KSK app on the ipad. 

But when I then open KSK on the ipad, it asked for my Kaspersky password and I logged in, then it says “New configuration profile is ready to install.  Once the profile is installed, start Kaspersky Safe Kids to finish the setup.”  I then click “Install Profile,” but it then goes back to the same error message that came up before: “Unable to Install Profile, An error occurred.  Please restart the app and try again.”

Restarting the app does not fix this error, and shutting down & restarting the ipad doesn’t fix it either.  So I was able to get through most of the steps that you listed, but it won’t allow me to get to the part where I would resync the device with my KSK account before the error pops up and prevents me from moving forward in the app.

And I do not know where to find the KSK version.  When I looked for it on my laptop, I went to “Licenses,” clicked on “Details,” and it shows my License key, and says “Version: subscription, Activation date: Jun 27 2018.”  But I’m not seeing a version number like you listed.  I must be looking in the wrong place.

The screen shot that I uploaded earlier was from when the error first showed up, before I tried your steps.  Here is the screen shot of the error that is showing up now:

Hello @mom5boys,

Thank you for replying.

1. Is KSK installed on another iOS device, check that for KSK version
  2. Is the iPad connected to the network ok? 
  3. Are all iOS updates installed?
  4. The BEFORE & AFTER errors look the same (imo) (except for the hidden flash screen)🤔 , so the KSK app is actually installed, it’s the “reinstall” of the child profile that is the issue? 
  5. Please contact TS, they will “probably” ask for logs, they will guide you to collect the data.

Let me know the outcome please?

1. Ok, it’s version 1.38.0.14
  2. Yes, the ipad seems to be connected just fine.  
  3. Apparently it did not have the most current IOS installed previously.  It is slowly updating now,  to IOS 13.1.3.  After updating the IOS I plan to try KSK again to see if that may have helped.  (But it’s taking a really long time to upload for some reason, so I’ll probably leave it to upload overnight and tackle this again in the morning.  I’ll update it if that does end up helping).  
  4. Yes, it does seem that the KSK app is installed, but the problem is with the child profile not installing correctly.  

Thanks for your help!  I’ll definitely let you know how it turns out.  

Hmm, the IOS update actually finished up quicker than expected. No change to the KSK error after doing the IOS update though. Do you think it would be worth going through all the steps of uninstalling the app and re downloading it again now that the IOS is updated?  Or is that not likely to make a big difference at this point, and I should instead contact technical support now?  Thanks!

Hello @mom5boys,

Sorry to not reply more quickly! 

Thankj you for the v & other info👏

Yes, absolutely follow the procedure, bc, the Lab will ask (probably) ask you to do what I’ve stepped you thru. If the procedure is done then they can actually deal with the issue. 

One thing tho, re iOS13.1.3, according to the KSK documentation “A device must meet the following requirements to support Kaspersky Safe Kids for iOS10.x-12.x “, that could be an issue OR it may be the documentation is wrong🤔.

Let me know how you go, i’ll find out if 13 is supported. 

Thank you

Hello @mom5boys.

🚫 Update 🚫

Please read and follow: 1 Install a configuration profile on your iPhone or iPad, then shutdown iPad, restart, check KSK, is it still generating the “Unable to Install Profile, An error occurred.  Please restart the app and try again.” error? If “yes”, follow my  2 Uninstall/New install” procedure, and if the error persists AFTER 1 & 2, contact TS; if error is resolved, let me know please?

Thank you🙏

I tried to follow: 1 Install a configuration profile on your iPhone or iPad, but cannot because there is no “Profile Downloaded” or “Enroll in ...” option on the ipad’s settings.  And when I go into settings> general, there is no option to select a profile.  I’m assuming this is because I deleted the configuration profile, but when I try to install it again it gives me the error.  (I tried uninstalling the KSK app and reinstalling it again after updating the IOS on the ipad, and am still getting the same error).  I’ll contact technical support and let you know how that goes.  Thanks!

Hello @mom5boys.

Thank you for the update.

(Another thought) start from scratch, as if it was before KSK was first installed, uninstall KSK, delete the child’s original iPad profile, double check all hardware & software requirements, create a new iPad child profile, make sure that works, proceed to installing KSK… 😉

Keep me posted please?

Thanks!

KSK Configuration profile

Remove KSK from child's device

KSK Library

• 2 months later...

I had the same Error.

The Solution:

You have to activate under “Screen Time” the Safari, because this Browser is necessary to install the Profile File.

1. close KSK
  2. Go to “Settings > Screen Time > Choose the Kids Profile > Restrictions > Allowed Apps
  3. Enter the Security Code
  4. Activate “Safari”
  5. Open KSK again and install it like the Manual

After this, it should Work.

PS: I have a German interface, so I tried to translate it in English. ;)

I had the same Error.

The Solution:

You have to activate under “Screen Time” the Safari, because this Browser is necessary to install the Profile File.

1. close KSK
  2. Go to “Settings > Screen Time > Choose the Kids Profile > Restrictions > Allowed Apps
  4. Activate “Safari”

Hello  @Joe to Go,

Welcome!

Your translation was perfect, well done👏

Regarding KSK, Web Activity Monitoring & Safari:

With monitoring turned on, the app on mobile devices also automatically blocks malicious and phishing websites.

On iOS, Web Activity Monitoring is only available when browsing within the Kaspersky Safe Kids application, the Kaspersky Safe Kids browser is a component of Kaspersky Safe Kids app.

☢ If a child is using Safari browser, the activity will not be monitored☢  

❎If a child is using Safari browser, Kaspersky Safe Kids protection will not be available when a child is accessing the internet❎

Thank you.

I had the same Error.

The Solution:

1. close KSK
  4. Activate “Safari”

Hello  @Joe to Go,

Welcome!

Your translation was perfect, well done👏

Regarding KSK, Web Activity Monitoring & Safari:

With monitoring turned on, the app on mobile devices also automatically blocks malicious and phishing websites.

On iOS, Web Activity Monitoring is available only when browsing within the Kaspersky Safe Kids, the Kaspersky Safe Kids browser is a component of Kaspersky Safe Kids app.

☢ If a child is using Safari, the activity will not be monitored☢  

Kaspersky Safe Kids protection will not be available when the child is accessing the internet.❎

Thanks for the Feedback. This is True.

After install the Profile, You can/should deactivate the Safari Browser again (recommanded)!

But some Changes of the KSK Core Settings in Your Backend need to (delete and) reinstall the Profile! This is why the Certificate will be new generated. Don‘t forget to activate / deactivate Safari again.

There is one more Thing (BR to Steve Jobs ?):

If You want to allow an App, which is NOT allowed for Your Childs age, KSK WILL OVERWRITE Your Screen Time Settings with the Age Permission.

If Your Child is born in 2008 and the App is allowed from 12+, it will not  Work, even if you Select „No Age restriction“ on iOS Screen Time.