ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR on particular sites

DR_NOMAD
Go to solution Solved by Igor Kurzin,

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I would like to report receiving the error ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR when attempting to open the website https://randomnerdtutorials.com/  when using both Chrome and Edge. Could access it this morning still but now getting this error.

Please fix it as the website is safe and I have used it for its tutorials for a long time without any problems.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

bbester

"I would like to report that I receive this error ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR when I open this website. Please fix it, because it's a safe website. I need to access it"

@William.Lucid

• Read the advice, written on the 6th of Jan, 2022, by @Igor Kurzin

Hi all, we are investigating, sorry for the trouble. 
As a workaround (if you absolutely trust the site) add the problem site to exclusions via Settings → Network settings → Trusted addresses → Add. 

end quote

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Do we have a ETA when this issue will be fix?  As it’s rather annoying and time consuming to be adding sites to Trusted Addresses.

I might have to switch to another Internet Security Suite if this continues.  As it’s affecting my business operations.

Hi,

Same problem as others with  https://covidtracker.fr/ already mentionned

But I discovered that it’s depending browsers

It fails with Browsers:
- Chrome portable Version 97.0.4692.71 (Build officiel) (32 bits)
- Firefox 91.4.1esr (64 bits)

BUT it works with:
- Firefox portable 95.0.2 (64 bits)

I use Kaspersky security Cloud -Free

Hope it will help

An thanks for the workaround which works for the 2 previous browsers

As the owner of one of the affected sites - this is a massive pain xx xxx xxx dealing with a ton of queries about why our site is “broken”.  

We’re currently recommending our users avoid Kaspersky - as it’s obviously not very good at doing it’s job!

Is it possible to get an update on the progress in solving this problem?

The suggested work-around is not possible for corporate installations of Kaspersky as users do not have rights to make such changes.

Feedback will be appreciated

As the owner of one of the affected sites - this is a massive pain xx xxx xxx dealing with a ton of queries about why our site is “broken”.  

We’re currently recommending our users avoid Kaspersky - as it’s obviously not very good at doing it’s job!

I have same issue when people cannot access our site https://vedabase.io/

Already 4 people wrote me, asking why is the website not working?

Problem is that there may be many more users who stop using our site because they simply don’t have contact to me and cannot ask me to find that issue is not with website but issue is caused by Kaspersky.

I see this issue is marked as SOLVED, but it definitely isn’t.

Our users cannot access https://vedabase.io

It seems it started with some Kaspersky update around 23rd of December.

I tried to contact support already, but after my reply got automated message that robot couldn’t properly categorize my answer and closed it. :(

Please fix this issue and let our users to use our website!!!

Dear Sirs,

The site: “randomnerdtutorials.com” will be blocked after installed Kaspersky antivirus. No matter if I set its address into the “DMZ” as a  trusted site. Sadly to remove Kaspersky becomes a solution for me to access randomnerdtutorials.com, although I like your antivirus software. Expecting certain imporvement about this, thanks!

The technical support is not aware of the problem, asks to make a bunch of procedure, use the report tool, etc, when the problem has been declared as “identified” on K’s side.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

What kind of sick joke is this ?

Thanks SK for these informations, it makes me a feel a bit better, as kaspersky tech support is asking me to go through the  “GetSystemInfo” report tool procedure, which caused me to go in nuclear fission mode.

Last year Safe Kids was blocking the access to the online education web server of my son’s college. After a month and a half i managed to get a link to a MR3 pre release that fixed the problem. So i guess we re going to have to wait for a couple more weeks before someone leaks the beta version to us and meanwhile we ll play the “add the url to exception list”  game.

That s TWO major bugs in less than a year, with an average time to fix the problem over a month, and a tech support that is 1) not informed of it and 2) using long and time consuming methods to “not” help you.

I guess that s it. I m going to look for another security solution, problem is to get one that allows per application network filtering rules, i m using kaspersky only for this specific option.

Also their Kid protection program is really, really not good. I m done. damnit. nearly 23 years being a customer if i m right. Installed on hundreds of computers and advised to hundred of customers, to end like this. that s sad. real sad.