Do we need to reinstall Kaspersky if we switch from standard to premium?

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I am an old user of KIS. It recently got changed to Kaspersky Standard on my MacBook Air 2017 (MacOS12) during my 3 year license. It is now about to expire, and I would like to know, if I want to shift to Kaspersky Premium (I like premium more as it is much more feature rich), will I have to reinstall Kaspersky, because we would like to continue to use it without interrupting the existing setup, and can we add the premium key in the activation page so that it activates itself once the existing standard key expires in the same software so that it updates itself to premium automatically?

45 minutes ago, VishalV said:

I am an old user of KIS. It recently got changed to Kaspersky Standard on my MacBook Air 2017 (MacOS12) during my 3 year license. It is now about to expire, and I would like to know, if I want to shift to Kaspersky Premium (I like premium more as it is much more feature rich), will I have to reinstall Kaspersky, because we would like to continue to use it without interrupting the existing setup, and can we add the premium key in the activation page so that it activates itself once the existing standard key expires in the same software so that it updates itself to premium automatically?

Hello @VishalV

Welcome!

As you've identified, Kaspersky Standard & Kaspersky Premium are *different* subscriptions, read: Comparison of Kaspersky plans & How your subscription works

IF the Kaspersky Premium subscription is purchased from a Kaspersky website it will *activate* as soon as the payment is made - there is no Activation code - instead there's a License code - that License code is sent directly to (your) MyKaspersky account - when (you) install Kaspersky Premium (you) sign into the Kasperaky Premium application so it synchronizes with (your) MyKaspersky account & the subscription validates. IF the Kaspersky Premium subscription is purchased from a 3rd pty vendor or a physical shop front, an Activation code is issued & can be manually applied to the software. 

Read: Activate application & Where to find the activation code for Kaspersky Standard, Plus, Premium

Because you're planning to change from Kaspersky Standard & Kaspersky Premium - ioo - it's better to uninstall  Kaspersky Standard & clean install Kaspersky Premium - read & follow: Install and uninstall the application

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
reformatted, added additional resource & How your subscription works
  • Like 2

On 2/27/2024 at 4:53 PM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @VishalV

Welcome!

As you've identified, Kaspersky Standard & Kaspersky Premium are *different* subscriptions, read: Comparison of Kaspersky plans & How your subscription works

IF the Kaspersky Premium subscription is purchased from a Kaspersky website it will *activate* as soon as the payment is made - there is no Activation code - instead there's a License code - that License code is sent directly to (your) MyKaspersky account - when (you) install Kaspersky Premium (you) sign into the Kasperaky Premium application so it synchronizes with (your) MyKaspersky account & the subscription validates. IF the Kaspersky Premium subscription is purchased from a 3rd pty vendor or a physical shop front, an Activation code is issued & can be manually applied to the software. 

Read: Activate application & Where to find the activation code for Kaspersky Standard, Plus, Premium

Because you're planning to change from Kaspersky Standard & Kaspersky Premium - ioo - it's better to uninstall  Kaspersky Standard & clean install Kaspersky Premium - read & follow: Install and uninstall the application

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Hi there, thanks for responding. I agree, they are indeed different subscriptions. I was wondering if there was any method in which the software does upgrade itself automatically based on the product code. Also, I would be purchasing it physically so there isn't a question of getting it from the website.

I do know that we can add license codes to our account, even physical ones we purchase can be linked to our account in the mykaspersky page, so can we just remove the devices online from the expired code and then add the devices to the activated subscription that I would have purchased physically and activated in mykaspersky account?

Thanks in advance.

• Thanks 1

• Solution
15 minutes ago, VishalV said:

I agree, they are indeed different subscriptions.

I was wondering if there was any method in which the software does upgrade itself automatically based on the product code.

Also, I would be purchasing it physically so there isn't a question of getting it from the website.

I do know that we can add license codes to our account, even physical ones we purchase can be linked to our account in the mykaspersky page.

can we just remove the devices online from the expired code and then add the devices to the activated subscription that I would have purchased physically and activated in mykaspersky account?

Hello @VishalV

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the additional questions!

• The existing Standard subscription is about to expire.
  • You're purchasing a Kaspersky Premium subscription from a physical store. 
  1. When the existing Standard subscription expires - uninstall Kaspersky Standard from the MacOS12 & in (your) MyKaspersky account - remove the MacOS12 from the expired code. 
  2. In (your) MyKaspersky account - add the new Kaspersky Premium code. 
  3. Download & install Kaspersky Premium to the MacOS12. 

The links & advice we provided in our last reply are *relevant*, please read & follow them. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋