DNS Server isn't responding - after loading Kaspersky Kids

GregGL

After loading Kaspersky Kids on my windows 10 laptop, I could not access the internet at all and got the error message  "DNS Sever isn't responding". I was unable to resolve the issue, so after a couple of hours I uninstalled Kaspersky kids and my internet access was back again. How can I access internet if I reload Kaspersky Kids?

Kaspersky Total Security 21.3.10.391(k)

2 hours ago, GregGL said:

Kaspersky Total Security 21.3.10.391(k)

After loading Kaspersky Kids on my windows 10 laptop, I could not access the internet at all and got the error message  "DNS Sever isn't responding".

I was unable to resolve the issue, so after a couple of hours I uninstalled Kaspersky kids and my internet access was back again.

How can I access internet if I reload Kaspersky Kids?

Hello @GregGL

Welcome!

1. Windows 10 full version & build, refer: How to find the operating system version & build?
  2. Was KSK (being) installed under the child or parent profile? 
  3. Is there any other Kaspersky software installed on the computer? 
  4. Is there any other AV (not Kaspersky) software, installed on the computer?
  5. Has a proxy server been configured? 

Please follow these steps, before re-attempting another install: 

• A.    Shutdown the computer, using SHUTDOWN, not Restart, power on by pressing the power button, login. 
  • B.    Type cmd in Windows Search - when the CMD app appears - select Run as administrator and press Enter to access the Windows command prompt console.
  • C.    In the Command Prompt window, type and submit the following five commands *one at a time* = type the cmd, press enter -> allow the previous command to finish before entering the next command: 

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns                          

• D.    Shutdown the computer, using SHUTDOWN, not Restart, power on by pressing the power button, login.
  • E.     Download a new KSK installer: https://support.kaspersky.com/dl_safekids
  • F.     Install KSK, please read *all* of the Install and uninstall the application documentation. 
  • G.    IF DNS Sever isn't responding issue persists & IF KSK is Premium, not Free or Trial, please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn