Device Database are outdated update task give event error: Not all components were updated

Hello

All of my devices shown status "Database are outdated" then I check my update task it show task status is complete successfully on most of my device but in the event part it got an error "Not all components were updated" non of my devices can update database from kaspersky server anyone know what cause this error?

Screenshot01.thumb.png.1a75cf56a6cf36f81fcaec99610cc68f.pngScreenshot02.thumb.png.aabed891ea5397042bbb8277add64581.pngScreenshot03.thumb.png.04c3ff6343a94436556187268d7b30c7.png

Edited by Supakorn C

Check the update download task execution logs in the server storage. whether there are any errors.

It happens sometimes, there are a few mechanics, but it is not necessary that they will help.

1. Try to delete and create a database update task in the repository. Select the Kaspersky Lab server as the source.

Спойлер

image.thumb.png.bca8acc23c51b569ea95a8dbf2714a50.png

1.1 try to enable (or disable if you have it enabled) the old update scheme

Спойлер

image.thumb.png.1addbae57688782b1ae94e154008df70.png

2. Before downloading updates to the repository, try to clear it of old databases ...

Спойлер

image.thumb.png.23dae55cfa93ae22f4d8cce811051378.png

well, contact technical support ... maybe they will have an additional solution - https://companyaccount.kaspersky.com/account/login

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Hello @ElvinE5 

I have tried all the suggested suggestions, but they are still not helpful. 

Actually, in our environment, we are using the update source as the local folder or network folder, and the same issue persists, but on some secondary administrative servers, we get all components, like the anti-virus database update, while on most of the servers, we only get the error that some components are missing from the update source. We are using the same update source that we used for the one having all components, but here the component of the AntiVirus DAtabase is missing.

Kindly help me in this regard if anyone has experience with such a scenario.

THANKS

I need more data...

- what product we are talking about KES, KSWS, etc. ...and what versions.
- how do you initially obtain the databases, from the Internet ? with the KUU utility ? from Kaspersky servers (which you then place in a network or local folder),
- Subordinate servers ? KSC ? or do you lead KSWS solutions - that is, the problem is only on a part of the end devices when updating from one source ?

and if possible screenshots of the problems.

Sure! Here are the required details:

-I am talking about KES, Windows, and Linux, and the version is 11.9.0.351
-We get the updates from the internet by using the Kaspersky update server, then copy it from the KLshare to the removable drive and copy it to a local folder or network folder by setting the update source to the specified folder. As our environment is air-gap
Using the KSC and also the secondary administrative server.

Some of the errors i get:
The update task is complete, but one or more components are missing from the update source.
failed to retranslate some RIH and some other components.

The main issue is that the same update works fine on one admin server while not working on another server. on that server, the component of Anti-Virus Databases is missing 😞

Sorry Our company doesn't want to share screenshots.

Yeah, yeah thanks ... that makes more sense ...
let me tell you how I see it, now ...

You have a KSC server (let's call it KSC-1) installed in an external loop (with internet access), it is in charge of receiving updates and servicing clients on your network. You copy the Update folder from KLShare and move it to the closed loop (without internet access) behind an air gap where it is not possible to connect to KSC-1.

KSC-2 and KSC-3 servers serving internal clients are located in the closed loop.

That's what I'm thinking.

So let's get started.
1. As a recommendation, I would not recommend copying the Update folder of their KLShare directly. At the moment of copying, some files may be busy, for example when the update download task is running, and may be copied incompletely or with an error.
On KSC-1 in the task of downloading updates to the repository, create an additional setting - Copy updates to external folder.

Спойлер

.thumb.png.1c6a8f57ac4f108e2aa3633a9a197778.png

also try using the blue marked bases loading option ...sometimes this helps to solve the problem.

after the task is completed ... you will have a copy of the databases that you can safely take back.

2. There is an assumption that your KSC-1 does not know what it needs to download for KSC-2 and KSC-3.

Example
KSC-1 - supports the following solutions - KES 11.8, 11.9 and KSWS 11.0.0.
KSC-2 - supports the following solutions - KES 11.9 and KSWS 11.0.1
KSC-3 - supports the following solutions - KES 11.9, 12.x and Linux

In this case KSC-1 - will not download any databases for KSWS 11.0.1, KES 12.x, and Linux products, as it has no idea that they are in the system KSC-2 and 3, respectively these products will not receive the necessary updates.

In order for KSC 2 and 3 to get everything you need you need to have on KSC-1 all the necessary plugins for ALL PRODUCTS of all ververs in your network and installation packages for these products.

i.e. check, update (if necessary) or install all necessary plugins and create packages for all products on KSC-1.
in our application you should have at least the plugins for
KES12.x
KSWS 11.0.1
Linux

new versions will override the needs of old ones (12.x will override 11.9 and KSWS 11.0.1 will override 11.0.0).

In general, double-check all product versions on all your servers, and update KSC-1 to your current versions or add missing versions.

I hope this helps.

Edited by ElvinE5

9 hours ago, ElvinE5 said:

Yeah, yeah thanks ... that makes more sense ...
let me tell you how I see it, now ...

You have a KSC server (let's call it KSC-1) installed in an external loop (with internet access), it is in charge of receiving updates and servicing clients on your network. You copy the Update folder from KLShare and move it to the closed loop (without internet access) behind an air gap where it is not possible to connect to KSC-1.

KSC-2 and KSC-3 servers serving internal clients are located in the closed loop.

That's what I'm thinking.

So let's get started.
1. As a recommendation, I would not recommend copying the Update folder of their KLShare directly. At the moment of copying, some files may be busy, for example when the update download task is running, and may be copied incompletely or with an error.
On KSC-1 in the task of downloading updates to the repository, create an additional setting - Copy updates to external folder.

Hide contents

.thumb.png.1c6a8f57ac4f108e2aa3633a9a197778.png

also try using the blue marked bases loading option ...sometimes this helps to solve the problem.

after the task is completed ... you will have a copy of the databases that you can safely take back.

2. There is an assumption that your KSC-1 does not know what it needs to download for KSC-2 and KSC-3.

Example
KSC-1 - supports the following solutions - KES 11.8, 11.9 and KSWS 11.0.0.
KSC-2 - supports the following solutions - KES 11.9 and KSWS 11.0.1
KSC-3 - supports the following solutions - KES 11.9, 12.x and Linux

In this case KSC-1 - will not download any databases for KSWS 11.0.1, KES 12.x, and Linux products, as it has no idea that they are in the system KSC-2 and 3, respectively these products will not receive the necessary updates.

In order for KSC 2 and 3 to get everything you need you need to have on KSC-1 all the necessary plugins for ALL PRODUCTS of all ververs in your network and installation packages for these products.

i.e. check, update (if necessary) or install all necessary plugins and create packages for all products on KSC-1.
in our application you should have at least the plugins for
KES12.x
KSWS 11.0.1
Linux

new versions will override the needs of old ones (12.x will override 11.9 and KSWS 11.0.1 will override 11.0.0).

In general, double-check all product versions on all your servers, and update KSC-1 to your current versions or add missing versions.

I hope this helps.

Hello @ElvinE5

Yeah, exactly the same scenario.
1. But the thing is that that source, which is used for the updates of KSC-2 and KSC-3, is tested without the Kaspersky Update Server on KSC-1 by clearing its repository first and then starting the task again by giving a local folder as the source of the update. Like the procedure I follow on KSC-2 and KSC-3, it is already tested on the KSC-1 with the same steps as described and treating the KSC-1 as air-gapped. Furtheore i will check the solution of making another copy of updates in another folder.

2. As far as the plugins are concerned, I am using exactly the same plugins on all the KSCs, whether they are 1, 2, or 3.

Kindly confirm that you mean that when I install the plugin for KES 12.3, it can do the operation of earlier versions like KES 11.9 and 12.1.  Also, kindly provide a link to download plugins for earlier versions.

Your response is appreciated! Really helpful for me

THANKS @ElvinE5

Also add to the KSC-1 repository the installation packages of all products that need to be updated (I was advised to do so by tech support).

13 часов назад, muhammad.moin сказал:

operation of earlier versions like KES 11.9 and 12.1

That's right, but only in those items that the solution supports ...
For example, in 12.x versions in the device control section the group - Printers - was divided into two groups - local and network.
and if you customize this item, it will not work for 11.9.

list of changes - https://support.kaspersky.com/KESWin/12.3/en-US/127969.htm

13 часов назад, muhammad.moin сказал:

kindly provide a link to download plugins for earlier versions.

it's gonna be hard to find them in the public domain right now.
It would be better for you to request the versions you are interested in through your support channel

https://companyaccount.kaspersky.com/account/login

• Thanks 1

On 12/1/2023 at 9:30 AM, ElvinE5 said:

Also add to the KSC-1 repository the installation packages of all products that need to be updated (I was advised to do so by tech support).

It is updated, is just the same as the other KSC, and is still not working.

The issue is repository updates but the component of anti virus database is not showing there in the repository of KSC-2 and KSC -3.

В 02.12.2023 в 14:46, muhammad.moin сказал:

It is updated, is just the same as the other KSC, and is still not working.

I guess you need to gather all the necessary data and contact tech support directly. - https://companyaccount.kaspersky.com/account/login

start there ... the results of this utility will be requested first ...

https://support.kaspersky.com/us/common/diagnostics/3632

collect data from all three KSC servers
as well as uploading update error events, and possibly exporting update tasks

Hello Muhammad,

despite of all other correct steps in this forum post. Please can you simply create a new Task for KES Product Activation and deploy the license to the clients having the problem again. Do this even you think the license is correct and already taken over from the respective KSC Servers.

Make sure the policy is set to use the Kaspersky Security Center as Proxy Server for activation under the General Settings -> Proxy Settings.

I hope I have been able to help you and remain

with Best Regards

• Thanks 1

On 12/4/2023 at 8:20 AM, ElvinE5 said:

I guess you need to gather all the necessary data and contact tech support directly. - https://companyaccount.kaspersky.com/account/login

collect data from all three KSC servers
as well as uploading update error events, and possibly exporting update tasks

Sorry to inform you but my organization doesnt allow me to share any logs or screenshot. So I still willl request you help me in this regard.

UPDATES OF R&D:

1. The KSC-2 and KSC-3 Repositories update by using the update source, but on KSC-3 and KSC-4, the component of antivirus databases is missing, which is strange because how can same update source act differently?

Isn't it a bug or something? May I go for the reinstallation of the Kaspersky security center?

8 hours ago, Joerg Lechea said:

Hello Muhammad,

despite of all other correct steps in this forum post. Please can you simply create a new Task for KES Product Activation and deploy the license to the clients having the problem again. Do this even you think the license is correct and already taken over from the respective KSC Servers.

Make sure the policy is set to use the Kaspersky Security Center as Proxy Server for activation under the General Settings -> Proxy Settings.

I hope I have been able to help you and remain

with Best Regards

Hi, @Joerg Lechea

I hope you get the point of the issue I am having, and if you think that this may be the solution, I will create the activation key task again. May i create the task for all products like KES and KSC? I hope it will help me!

I will update you after giving it a try. But let me illustrate the problem for you.

I have one master KSC and, let's say, five secondary KSCs. So the problem currently I am facing is that the two secondary servers get updated using the same update sources, with some files now missing and others, like MAster and few other updates, but they are missing a component of ANTIVIRUS DATABASE UPDATE. 

Hello, 

yes I got the point and as said do this even you think it has nothing to do with the problem described. Here again:

Please can you simply create a new Task for KES Product Activation and deploy the license to the clients having the problem again. Do this even you think the license is correct and already taken over from the respective KSC Servers.

• Confused 1

Hi, @Joerg Lechea

The problem is not about a single client; it is the problem  of WHOLE KASPERSKY SECUIRTY CENTER

I have tried all the suggestions but have not seen any results.

I even reinstalled the KSC, but it did not help. But it kind of strange that it works fine on all other DC or KSCs but does not load the Anti-Virus Database component on one of the KSCs in all other KSCs.

Kindly help if anyone has an idea about this issue. I have enough R&D but am not getting fruitful results.
 @ElvinE5 @Joerg Lechea you support would be appreciated!

Edited by muhammad.moin

@muhammad.moin

I'm sorry, but I don't have any ideas yet ...
I can suggest one more update option for the problematic server, try to download updates with this utility ...

https://support.kaspersky.com/kuu4-for-windows/howto/15691

in any case collect data about the server and tasks and open a request to tech support as I wrote above ...

https://companyaccount.kaspersky.com/account/login

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I solved this problem in my company!
In the first step, you must run the License Task on the client and then run the update task.
If unsuccessful, change the client policy to an administrator policy and try again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2024 at 5:05 PM, Farhad said:

I solved this problem in my company!
In the first step, you must run the License Task on the client and then run the update task.
If unsuccessful, change the client policy to an administrator policy and try again.

Hello @Farhad

Can you please give soem time to explain the solution so that we can get rid of this problme in the best possible way.

Thanks

@muhammad.moin 

Moin Muhammad

We have created an internal support document today because we had multiple customers affected by this strange licensing issue. So far this has worked out for us after the problem had again escalated in January 2024. Please check out the jpgs. Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Takashi

image.thumb.jpeg.0f881bc849250a7007a5f94f5acc47de.jpeg

KES_Error_NotAllComponentsWereUpdated_0002.jpg

KES_Error_NotAllComponentsWereUpdated_0003.jpg

KES_Error_NotAllComponentsWereUpdated_0004.jpg

KES_Error_NotAllComponentsWereUpdated_0005.jpg

KES_Error_NotAllComponentsWereUpdated_0006.jpg

KES_Error_NotAllComponentsWereUpdated_0007.jpg

On 1/18/2024 at 3:19 PM, LAN Support said:

@muhammad.moin 

Moin Muhammad

We have created an internal support document today because we had multiple customers affected by this strange licensing issue. So far this has worked out for us after the problem had again escalated in January 2024. Please check out the jpgs. Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Takashi

image.thumb.jpeg.0f881bc849250a7007a5f94f5acc47de.jpeg

KES_Error_NotAllComponentsWereUpdated_0002.jpg

KES_Error_NotAllComponentsWereUpdated_0003.jpg

KES_Error_NotAllComponentsWereUpdated_0004.jpg

KES_Error_NotAllComponentsWereUpdated_0005.jpg

KES_Error_NotAllComponentsWereUpdated_0006.jpg

KES_Error_NotAllComponentsWereUpdated_0007.jpg

Thank you again for your detailed reply. @LAN Support

@Farhad You kind observation would be appreciated in the issue.

But the problem is happening on a single KSC while working fine on another KSC. Let me describe the environment first: A = master KSC, and b,c, d, and e = slave KSC. So the updates are working fine on c, d, and e while not working on A and b.

I hope the above scenario clears the environment. Now you have described the task of updating devices, but our two KSCs, Master A and Slave b, are not updating the repositories as the other two update them correctly.

Note: We are using a local folder or network folder as an update source for the task. DOWNLOAD UPDATE TO ADMN SERVER REPOSITORY.