CPU Usage unusually high since Kaspersky 2021 update

Go to solution Solved by Anton Mefodys,

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give up!

I ran the “KavRemover” rebooted as prompted, then ran the free version installer “ks4.021.0.44.1537en_25100.exe”, after installation I login to MyKaspersky account to activate the application and it still is the Trial version….

@Krister67 We tried to help you but your issue is a case which should be raised to K-Lab Tech Support which is unfortunately not available for Kaspersky Free or Trial products.

Well, there is a key (even if it has been blocked by the many activations) but then it is actually not the free version

Same issue here with security cloud free on windows 10 Latest 2004 update and 21.1 security cloud.

Kaspersky CPU usage is at 42% constantly with maybe a few seconds where it drops to 0 then gradually ramps back up again, this is all with the laptop at idle and no programs running.  This coincided with the latest windows update so there is obviously a compatibility issue there.

Have uninstalled for now until this is fixed.

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue since the 2021 update. Kaspersky spins the CPU on 35-40% almost constantly. I tried doing a clean uninstall, but it didn’t solve the problem. I’m not using any of the Kaspersky browser addons, and the phenomenon doesn’t seem to be tied to if my browser is running or not. (I’m using the free program version, not sure if I should open a new thread instead on that subforum.)

Edit: Removed the attached GSI report for privacy after receiving a response.

The same issue is happening to me and it is EXTREMELY annoying! Please fix this! I even turned off rootkit scanning. I tried everything and this was never an issue until version 21! (Not an issue on version 20)

Its still an issue before and after patch a is installed.

(My CPU is an Intel Core i7 8550U clocked at 4ghz w turbo boost BTW. (4 cores, 8 threads)

Program version: ​​​​​​

CPU can turbo up to 4ghz

I have the same problem with the free version of Kaspersky Security Cloud 21.1.15.500.

Everything was fine before the update.

I had it as well, I solved it by uninstalling the program, then reinstalling it from the site. It has been working normally, I guess from now I’ll download it from the site now instead of updating through the application.

Patch B was released (I wish I could find the patch notes because its ALWAYS a pain) (Can staff please link me patch notes) [Also please make it easier for the user to read the patch notes like Avast does]

It seems to have NOT fixed the issue! My CPU usage continues to bump up to 40% and my fans rev up every 20 seconds or so lasting around 10 seconds each!

UPDATE: It seems like it only goes to 40% constantly when I am in chrome then when I minimize it it still stays there but takes a while to settle down

Here is an image of the usage after entering chrome. Notice the CPU usage go high when chrome loads then back down when it finishes. Then Kaspersky kicks in and uses 40% of CPU in the background. 

You can see the usages decreases ALOT when I minimize google chrome (after a moment)
Goes WAY back up when I re-enter google chrome

Stable kaspersky load on my system. 50% from kaspersky is unacceptable for me
All from kaspersky. Likes to switch usage of cores for some reason
The google chrome load (On the left and right is the idle load)
Above you can see that kaspersky is using the 4th core.

With this image, kaspersky is constantly using the cpu right now and it has switched to the 3rd core.

Patch B

Turning off the web antivirus did not make a difference!

Hello @Michael912873,

Also:

Patch release notes

• Specific to patch (b) only:

Kaspersky Technical experts (Russia), have advised: 

qte

Patch B is an extra patch; it fixes only one bug { Elements not visible in customer's GUI }" 

endqte

• Kaspersky does publish emergency patches & additional fix patches, outside of the normal & or anticipated patch cycle; patch(b) is once such patch

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳