Completely bogus usage data on iPhone

We've just gifted our daughter an iPhone XS and installed Kaspersky Safe Kids on the device. While it seems to track her location without issue, the usage information is completely bogus.

On Friday, for example, it reckons her phone was in use for nearly the entire 24hrs whereas her real use (as recorded by Apple's Screen Time functionality) was more like 3hrs. Hell, for much of the day the phone was in her bedroom with the screen off, or charging. 

We've noticed significant disparities between her "real" screen time and what KSK reports; yesterday, for example, was around 5hrs of use which KSK recorded as nearly 11. 

It's completely unusable as a result for monitoring her use of the device, and as a result we can't use it to set limitations as it seems to believe she's using it throughout the night when it's not even in her possession. 

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the application, removed and re-added the account, following all the usual steps, but it's completely useless like this. 

The whole purpose of having something like KSK was to apply a level of oversight so we can monitor her level of use, and it simply doesn't work.

Device: iPhone XS with latest iOS. KSK app is up-to-date and has been reinstalled. 

Though if this was an issue for everyone I'm sure there'd be constant complaints on here about it, but I'm unsure what else to do, it simply doesn't work as intended.

Screenshot 2024-07-14 at 17.35.54.png

29 minutes ago, seopher said:

We've just gifted our daughter an iPhone XS and installed Kaspersky Safe Kids on the device. While it seems to track her location without issue, the usage information is completely bogus.

On Friday, for example, it reckons her phone was in use for nearly the entire 24hrs whereas her real use (as recorded by Apple's Screen Time functionality) was more like 3hrs. Hell, for much of the day the phone was in her bedroom with the screen off, or charging. 

We've noticed significant disparities between her "real" screen time and what KSK reports; yesterday, for example, was around 5hrs of use which KSK recorded as nearly 11. 

It's completely unusable as a result for monitoring her use of the device, and as a result we can't use it to set limitations as it seems to believe she's using it throughout the night when it's not even in her possession. 

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the application, removed and re-added the account, following all the usual steps, but it's completely useless like this. 

The whole purpose of having something like KSK was to apply a level of oversight so we can monitor her level of use, and it simply doesn't work.

Though if this was an issue for everyone I'm sure there'd be constant complaints on here about it, but I'm unsure what else to do, it simply doesn't work as intended.

12 minutes ago, seopher said:

I also want to say, it under-reports time too. Some days it reckons she uses her device for 10 minutes whereas it was several hours.

iPhone XS with latest iOS. KSK app is up-to-date and has been reinstalled.

Hello @seopher

Welcome!

IF Configure the app for your child was followed, exactly as written & no other child monitoring / reporting software is active, log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service  - https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  - 
on the support page, select either Chat or Email, fill in the template as shown below; please include a *detailed history* - including the *actual* iOS version, read: Find iOS software versionSupport may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you:                                             image.thumb.png.5f01f947f6bd5368018ea6df36a6690f.png

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋