Can't toggle the KPM master password view button

dhoover1

On one of my laptops, I can no longer toggle the master password view button so that I can check my password as I enter it.  It only works when one hold the mouse click on the button (press and hold instead of toggle) which you can't do and enter the password.  I have a long master password and would like to be able to check it rather than have to try a dozen times to get it right.  Additionally when it shows the characters, it only shows the left justified portion starting at the beginning, one cannot see anything longer than the  window.  Is there a way to adjust that?  This feature is awful.

Operating system:  Windows 10 22H2 (OS Build 19045.3448)

KPM Version: 23.1.0.192 / 1693919876_7421 / 1.1.0.2_1

6 hours ago, dhoover1 said:

Operating system:  Windows 10 22H2 (OS Build 19045.3448), KPM V: 23.1.0.192 / 1693919876_7421 / 1.1.0.2_1

• On one of my laptops, I can no longer toggle the master password view button so that I can check my password as I enter it. 
  • It only works when one holds the mouse click on the button (press and hold instead of toggle) which you can't do and enter the password. 
  • I have a long master password and would like to be able to check it rather than have to try a dozen times to get it right. Additionally, when it shows the characters, it only shows the left justified portion starting at the beginning, one cannot see anything longer than the window. Is there a way to adjust that? 

Hello @dhoover1
Welcome!

1. 💥*BEFORE* beginning the following steps - sign into (your) MyKaspersky account & take a screen print of (your) License code & Activation code (if it's available). 
  2. Backup KPM Database, using this guide: Back up data
  3. Uninstall KPM application - using this guide: Uninstall the application
  4. Shutdown the computer by selecting Shutdown, not Restart. 
  5. Power on the computer by pressing the Power button. 
  6. Login. 
  7. Download a new KPM exe -> Kaspersky Password Manager - select the *download for Windows icon* on the lower, left-hand side of the screen.
  8. Install KPM, using this guide: Download and install Kaspersky Password Manager
  9. Recheck original issue? 
  10. If original issue persists - contact Kaspersky Customer Service - On the support page: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 
  11. Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
  • (ioo) it may be easier, before (you) get the issue fixed, to type the *long Master password* onto a Notepad, then copy & paste to the Master password field - why? (you) will know (your) Master password is correct & (you) will do it once, not *dozens of times*.
  • IF (your) laptop has Windows Hello capacity, that can be used to unlock the KPM vault, see guide: Unlock the vault with Windows Hello
  • Also, regarding (your) long Master password extending beyond the length of the visible Master password field & (your) question - "can the Master password field be adjusted?" - not without a software change - you may wish to raise the issue with Kaspersky Customer Service & ask them to submit it to the KPM developers as a Feedback, I have a Complaint or Feedback, I have a Suggestion

image.thumb.gif.7d26b12c0f31b2e3d73f8f1c95ca5008.gif

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn

• 3 weeks later...