Can' copy passwords

Go to solution Solved by Emil_Ish,

Hello

Got freshly installed app but I still cannot copy passwords.  
I can't copy the version number either but
License:paid
number:23.1.0.192/1691482523_7411/1.1.0.2_1
win 10

It's been going on for quiet a while but before i could circumvent it using ctrl+V now it doesnt work anymore
Please fix your product

I have the same problem. 8/27/2023 I copy and pasted my master password in password manager.  The only resolution that "Tech" told me is that I had to establish a new vault.  I lost all of my passwords.  The same day I created a new password vault.  It worked fine,  The next day I copied and pasted my nelw password into password manager.  The password manager did not recognize my new password.  I am completely frustrated,

This problem needs to be fixed.

• 5 weeks later...

I have the same problem but i found a way to copy. Try to copy the passwords from a Kaspersky Password Manager Browser plugin (in my case i used Mozilla Firefox) and work´s fine. I opened a ticket in Kaspersky Support and this is really a bug caused by an Windows Update.

Hello @ReniferZioloi, @rhodeslh, @Noga, @MaxyVelez

Welcome!

@rhodeslh- you should never "establish a new vault" without *first* creating a BACKUP of (your) existing KPM vault - Support should have given you that guidance! Post the Incident number you've logged with Support please? 

@Noga- IF Kaspersky support is claiming "this is really a bug caused by a Windows Update" - *which* Windows update are Support referring to & post the Incident number you've logged with Support please? 

1. We have no problem copying KPM usernames & or passwords.
  2. We have no problem copying the KPM version # 23.1.0.192 / 1693919876_7421 / 1.1.0.2_1. 
  3. We have no problem entering, modifying, copying, pasting - the KPM Master password. 

**For those who have *not* logged the issue with Kaspersky Customer Support Service, please do so & once done - post back the Incident reference number please:

• On the support page: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any *video recording of the error* & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 
  • Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

Hello.

The incident is INC000015744346. 

They are researching the problem and they don´t have this answer yet and today they asked my to get some log´s and I already collected this log´s and send to them. But my problem started this week after updating Windows 11.

I have two videos that i made with this problems and sent to the Support.

• Thanks 1

I've updated 2 different Windows 11 PCs from build 22621.2283 to build 22621.2361, and directly after each update, Kaspersky Password Manager copy function no longer works.  The copy function works fine in every other app, but since Kaspersky uses buttons to copy (you can't highlight and copy/paste apparently, even in edit mode), it fails.

The copy buttons will highlight when you press them, but the app will hang for about 2-3 seconds and the button will remain highlighted after moving your mouse away.  The result is nothing happens.

The only way i can get my passwords out of Kaspersky for windows is export the entire thing to a text file and use copy and paste from there.

Incident ID - INC000015740436

Edited by JTM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, iPOP said:

Me too... I'm having the exact same problem.

Hello @iPOP

Welcome!

👉As per the guidance in our first reply - please raise the issue with Kaspersky Customer Service - the more people that do, the sooner they will recognize there's an issue that's impacting more than one user! 

Please share the outcome with the Community & include the Incident reference number

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Solution

@iPOP @alburdon @JTM @Noga, in last updates for Windows 11 in some regions Microsoft added Copilot application for users. Unfortunately KPM 23.1.0.192 has conflict with it when trying to copy password to clipboard.

We will fix it in 23.2.0.* release next month. Till the new release of KPM you can use the following workaround:

1. Go to Taskbar settings in your Windows (Personalization -> Taskbar)
  2. Turn off the Copilot option
  3. Reboot your PC

image.thumb.jpeg.9431674f15aeeecc87ee5d6f31c64f24.jpeg

You may encounter a similar problem when using third-party applications that monitor the clipboard. For example: VirtualBox, Punto Switcher, Download Master.

Edited by Emil_Ish
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/2/2023 at 7:35 AM, Emil_Ish said:

@iPOP @alburdon @JTM @Noga, in last updates for Windows 11 in some regions Microsoft added Copilot application for users. Unfortunately KPM 23.1.0.192 has conflict with it when trying to copy password to clipboard.

We will fix it in 23.2.0.* release next month. Till the new release of KPM you can use the following workaround:

3. Reboot your PC

image.thumb.jpeg.9431674f15aeeecc87ee5d6f31c64f24.jpeg

You may encounter a similar problem when using third-party applications that monitor the clipboard. For example: VirtualBox, Punto Switcher, Download Master.

The hero we all needed. Thank you!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Glen Gibb said:

Same as Kruk07. Copilot off doesn't solve the issue.

Sadly, same thing here. I spoke too soon in my earlier post. But if it works for some folks, still a good thing for them.

@Kruk07, @Glen Gibb, @Sumo, & anyone else that the fix does not work for!!

If one or all of you haven't already (you) should let Kaspersky Customer Support know there's an issue BC there's a possibility @Emil_Ish has *NO-IDEA* there's any problems - he may not be monitoring this topic - don't assume he is!!

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Same problem here too, even after disabling Copilot and rebooting as mentioned above.

23.1.0.192 / 1696184774_7435 / 1.1.0.2_1

Submitted ticket (INC000015763703). They told me they were not aware of any problems at this time.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Travis said:

23.1.0.192 / 1696184774_7435 / 1.1.0.2_1

Same problem here too, even after disabling Copilot and rebooting as mentioned above.

1. Submitted ticket (INC000015763703).
  2. They told me they were not aware of any problems at this time.

Hello @Travis

1. Thank you for being proactive & for updating the Community!
  2. Well they are now.

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Just in case this helps anyone. I haven't heard back from Kaspersky support regarding my ticket, but I decided to try uninstalling the most recent Windows Update that was installed. After that uninstall completed (and the system rebooted), I can copy/paste passwords from the Kaspersky Password Manager again.

The update I uninstalled is: 2023-09 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5030310)

(I sent an update to my ticket with support as well, asking them to verify if they can replicate this)

Edited by Travis
Adding info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Travis said:

The update I uninstalled is: 2023-09 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5030310)

I have done exactly what you did and it really worked... Thank you..🙏

Edited by iPOP

Just as a note, I did receive an update to the support ticket I had submitted. It provided the same information that @Emil_Ish provided above:

In the last updates for Windows 11 in some regions, Microsoft added the Copilot application for users. Unfortunately, KPM 23.1.0.192 has a conflict with it when trying to copy the password to the clipboard.

We will fix it in 23.2.0.* release in November. Till the new release of KPM, you can use the following workaround:

3. Reboot your PC

I replied back to Kaspersky support letting them know that didn't work. I am hoping they have another workaround, since I am pretty sure that pausing Windows Updates on my computer to keep it from reinstalling that update for a month or more isn't really an option.

• Thanks 1

I am having the same issue on my Windows 11 machine.

My incident # is INC000015790893.

This is a very peculiar issue.  It makes no sense why it would not work.  I suppose there must be some type of conflict going on within Win 11 and KPM.  I tried to uninstall the latest Win updates but it did not work.  I expect the new update from Kaspersky will fix this issue.